Extend a Membership to More Than One Person

6 years 8 months ago #295950 by ernienet
In my client organizations, some membership levels allow more than one person to belong to that level of subscription for access to the website.

For example, a "Corporate" level membership allows four people to be registered to be able to log in and access the site.

The simple answer is to have them register, pay the fee, and then allow them to share their login credentials - but that's obviously not a secure way to do things, nor is it practical.

Two scenarios seem workable:

1. When the Subscription is for "Corporate", enable four registrations to be completed during the signup.
2. After Subscribing for a Corporate membership, ask the subscriber to send the names and email addresses to the organization and they will be added to that membership (though I'm not sure how that would work).

The practical need for this by these website clients is that corporate members get discounts on events and potentially other goodies.

Do you have any other suggestions as to how I might create a one-to-many relationship with a membership and registered users?

I'd be interested to hear other ideas.

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296000 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Extend a Membership to More Than One Person
We don't have any official family membership functionality. The workarounds we have are as follows.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/283-cb-paid-subscriptions/tutorials/18405-family-plan-membership-part-1

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/283-cb-paid-subscriptions/tutorials/18407-purchasing-discount-coupons

Personally the easiest is probably to generate a limited use coupon that they can give to users. Aside from that eventually CB Auto Actions maybe able to manage this by allowing the corporate account to specify the user ids of the employee accounts which would allow CB Auto Actions to manage subscriptions for them based off the corporate accounts subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296419 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Extend a Membership to More Than One Person
Thank you for the options. The first option is definitely above my understanding - I'd probably struggle with that for a week!

I might be able to work through the second option - discount coupons. I hope it's easier than it looks.

If there's another option that's more straightforward, I'd love to hear about it.

Thank you,
Ernie

6 years 8 months ago #296438 by krileon

If there's another option that's more straightforward, I'd love to hear about it.

Unfortunately there is not. It's an usecase we're still thinking about and how to best approach it. It's a pretty complicated usecase.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303498 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Extend a Membership to More Than One Person
Is there an updated tutorial on the Family Plan Membership set up? It seems to be associated with CommunityBuilder 1.9.1, and my skills in setting up all the various components is nowhere near where it needs to be, and any differences could cost me hours of trying to figure things out.

Even the discount coupon option seems a bit beyond my reach, and might not provide what the customer wants.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Ernie

6 years 2 weeks ago #303528 by krileon
We don't have an official family membership implementation so yes unfortunately it is very complicated to implement. You maybe able to work something out using CB Auto Actions to give other users subscriptions somehow since its CB Paid Subscriptions action can give subscriptions as well as generate coupons, but we've no examples to provide for those usages.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn