Payment basket has no gateway associated

6 years 5 months ago #299268 by bins
Afterrnon all,

Members are calling me to pay their fees over the phone and I am getting more:

Error
Failed to save Pay the basket manually because: This payment basket has no gateway associated so can not be paid manually.

Is there a way in admin to add the basket?

I understand how this happens, but want to be able to sort it out quickly, to make members happy!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #299280 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Payment basket has no gateway associated
I'm not sure how they managed to create a basket without a gateway to begin with. Ensure you've a gateway available to public and registered users as it sounds like since they can't access the gateway they've no way to pay. No you can not manually associate a gateway with a basket.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299284 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Payment basket has no gateway associated
There are two gateways available (Paypal & Pay Offline).

I am sure that the are choosing 'pay off line' and then not hitting the transaction lock/confirmation link (Payment slip link text) at the bottom of the page. Would this stop the gateway from being confirmed?

I have added some extra copy to the link and hope this helps - could this be changed to an image for more impact?

6 years 5 months ago #299295 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Payment basket has no gateway associated
It sounds like they never selected a payment method to begin with. They got to the basket page and just left. They needed to click one of your payment methods to associate a gateway with the basket. Suggest testing your entire registration workflows as maybe a payment method isn't available to them?

Would this stop the gateway from being confirmed?

It'd prevent the basket from becoming pending. It'd then expire and be deleted. So your error should be that the basket doesn't exist. Their basket status should say "Not initiated" if this is the case. Those that've clicked the link should have a basket status of "Pending". "Gateway account" should also be your offline payment gateway name as well.

I have added some extra copy to the link and hope this helps - could this be changed to an image for more impact?

I don't think they ever made it that far so probably wouldn't help or hurt to add more information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn