Gift Membership

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #300039 by neveryonas
Gift Membership was created by neveryonas
Hi,

I am creating a gift membership, where a user can purchase a subscription for someone else.
The idea would be for the Gifter to fill the fields for the Giftee-
First Name
Last Name
Username (prompted to use email address of the giftee)
Password (randomly generate a password)

Upon payment, email would go to giftee, advising them they received a gift from so and so and instructions on how to login.

I have CB registration set up for the user to create their own password, not randomly generate one and I would prefer to keep it that way.
I know I am probably reaching for the sky here, but any suggestions on how to set this up, so the Giftee would either receive a randomly generated password or somehow finish the registration process after payment was made.

Or is there an easier way to set this type of subscription?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300040 by neveryonas
Replied by neveryonas on topic Gift Membership
Think I was way overthinking this. Coupon codes would probably be much easier.

6 years 4 months ago #300077 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gift Membership
We've no official implementation for this. Best way to do this is to generate coupon codes using CB Auto Actions or CBSubs SQL Actions. With CB Auto Actions you can just use the CB Paid Subscriptions action to do this easily. With CBSubs SQL Actions you'll need to write the full SQL to do this and be familiar with the _cbsubs_promotions database table. Example of how to do this using CBSubs SQL Actions can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/283-cb-paid-subscriptions/tutorials/18407-purchasing-discount-coupons

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds