Renew of expired members leads to not allowed to view page

6 years 3 months ago #301128 by GuyBrys
Dear,

Since some time the renew of expired members (by paypal) doesn't work anymore. When clicking on the renew button a page is shown that I'm not allowed to view the page. I've tried to alter the options of the subscription plan, but nothing seems to work. I also changed the general option to 'allow free registered users (without subscription)'. I would be happy if someone could help me in this (for instance by looking in the backend of my site).

Thanks for the help, Guy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301130 by krileon

When clicking on the renew button a page is shown that I'm not allowed to view the page

Please be more specific. Is this at PayPal or on your site? What does it say exactly? Any errors when debug mode and maximum error reporting are both enabled in Joomla global configuration? Sounds like it's likely a Joomla access issue; see if there's an Itemid in the URL you're trying to access (disable SEF if necessary for this test) then check what menu item is associated with that Itemid and ensure its access is set to Public.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301149 by GuyBrys
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

It is indeed with paypal, and paypal only.

I've disabled sef and see the following url: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&user=254&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions. The plugin is enabled and published. The userid is the one of the user who's membership has expired. When looking in the files I see the error message

components\com_comprofiler\plugin\language\default_language\language_nl.php(38): 'UE_NOT_AUTHORIZED' => 'U bent niet bevoegd om deze pagina te bekijken!',

or mayby it might also be:

language\nl-NL\nl-NL.ini(114): JERROR_ALERTNOAUTHOR="U bent niet bevoegd deze pagina te bekijken."

(It's translated into dutch and both lead to the same message.

Thanks for the help, Guy

6 years 3 months ago #301167 by krileon
Are you trying to click the renew button of another users profile while logged in as a moderator or is the user themself seeing this when clicking the renew button? Seams to be working fine either way in my tests. You should only see a not authorized check in this case if the user does not meet the conditions configured in the plan or the access configured within the plan. Please check the Workflows and Access tabs of your plan to ensure the user meets the specified criteria.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301213 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. First issue is you had no usergroup or view access level configured under the Workflows tab for both your plans. This makes them inaccessible.

The second issue is for some reason the endpoint URL is having 1 of its parameters translated. This is causing the renew button to never reach the appropriate location. Specifically "cbpact" should be "renew", but on your site it's "Hernieuw". It shouldn't be possible to translate that. I can't see any reason for this in source code, but your install is out of date. Please update CB and CBSubs then see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn