[SOLVED] User auto generated number

6 years 1 month ago #302732 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User auto generated number

when replacing the SECRETKEY, can that be any string of characters? meaning could i use all letters, or all numbers, or a combination of both? example something like this: TESTPASSWORD

It's whatever you want kept to your self as it's a signing password that no one should know, but you.

The below will probably work. Replace jos_ with whatever your table prefix is. If it throws errors adjust as needed as I did not test it.

i hate to ask, would you be so kind as to help me produce the sql query code to complete the update to all cbsubs of each specific subscription/plan?

UPDATE `jos_comprofiler` AS cb SET cb.`cb_license` = ( SELECT CONCAT_WS( '_', cb.`id`, cbsubs.`plan_id`, cbsubs.`id`, 'SECRETKEY' ) FROM `jos_cbsubs_subscriptions` AS cbsubs WHERE cb.`id` = cbsubs.`user_id` AND cbsubs.`status` = 'A' LIMIT 1 )

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302747 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic User auto generated number
oh so close! this did put the information together, but it didn't actually generate a license key from it. for example instead of coming out like a serial key it came out in this format "[user_id]_[plan_id]_[subsciption_id]_SECRETKEY", but it did have actual numbers so in the db it looks like this:
2089_15_2208_MYPASSWORD

basically it did run the query & did produce the information, it just didn't turn it into an encrypted serial key. it seems like the MD5 portion is not taking place?

6 years 1 month ago #302785 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User auto generated number
Forgot the MD5. Add the MD5 function around the CONCAT_WS. Again, it was an example that I didn't test.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302821 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic User auto generated number
Thank you so much Kyle! I tried so many variations yesterday using this exact thought process, but until you said "around the CONCAT_WA" it didn't work. i was placing it in the wrong spots.
anyway thank you again & please mark this as resolved :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.719 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn