Recurring Payments for Authorize.net

5 years 10 months ago #305010 by rachel.jollie
Recurring Payments for Authorize.net was created by rachel.jollie
I tried to setup recurring payments on one of my membership plans today, using Authorize.net. I got this message "Your payment processor needs to support the periods that you set here. E.g. authorize.net ARB has a minimum of 7 days between occurrences. Please test in front-end your settings."

Indeed, when I made the payment, Authorize.net did NOT pick up the correct start and end dates. How do I make these changes?
I have version 3.7.5 of Joomla and 4.1.0 of CBSubs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305034 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Recurring Payments for Authorize.net
What plan duration are you trying to use? Based off the error you've set the plan duration shorter than 7 days, which Authorize.net does not support.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305046 by rachel.jollie
Replied by rachel.jollie on topic Recurring Payments for Authorize.net
I set the validity duration for 6 months. I attached a screenshot of my settings here if that will be more useful - yet it still shows me that message at the bottom of the screenshot
Attachments:

5 years 10 months ago #305048 by krileon
It's just a note letting you know the limitations of authorize.net, which doesn't allow a duration less than 7 days. 6 month duration should work fine. Is there any issues with the actual frontend usage of the plan?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305053 by rachel.jollie
Replied by rachel.jollie on topic Recurring Payments for Authorize.net
Okay I believe everything is working properly - I was simply confused by the language in Authorize.net. When I look at my "Recurring Billing" section in Authorize and look at the subscription plan, it says this:

Subscription Duration
Start Date: 12/04/2018
End Date: 12/04/2021 or after 7 occurrence(s)

When I saw "start date," I thought that should be the start of the subscription (for example, it would be June 4th if I signed up today). But now i see this is the start of the next billing cycle.

Last question - can i change the "7 occurrences" option within CBSubs, or is that setting in Authorize?

5 years 10 months ago #305066 by krileon
That's based off the "Total number of occurrences of regular validity/price (0=unlimitted)" parameter configured under the Pricing tab. Not sure what Authorize.net will default to (maybe it defaults to 7?) if set to 0. CBSubs Authorize.net however will adjust this based off the credit card expiration date it appears (e.g. if the card expires after 7 months it will schedule the subscription to expire then).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn