Folder Access Causing Cache Issues

5 years 9 months ago #306290 by wjgadmin
Folder Access Causing Cache Issues was created by wjgadmin
Hi all,
We had to use the CBSubs/Plan/Integrations/Folder Access path option to restrict the access to one of our directories. Since doing that, it is causing all of our members to not be able to login to the protected directory. We've had to offer so much remote support on this and every time it is the same 1 of 2 things that we have to do to resolve:
1. Clear all cache including form fill data
2. Reset the users password

Can you please tell us how to stop this? In other words how to make it function properly and allow the user to login without having to go through these steps? We don't cache our site that long, I believe it is only 4 hours and this has been going on for 3 days.

We do use cloudfare, but we've purged all cache multiple times and it too expires after 4 hours, so that shouldn't cause an issue. Please let us know, thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #306306 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Folder Access Causing Cache Issues
In order for the htaccess login to work it has to synchronize their username and password to the htpasswd file. It can only do this when the password is available in plain text. So this means after login, after registration, or after password change. If the login normally through CBs login module it should synchronize them and allow them to login to the htaccess protected directory. Browser cache on the clients side can make htaccess login a headache.

If it's just a directory of files then I highly recommend using CB Gallery to provide them to users, which can be protected by Joomla ACL. Alternatively you could use any of the free download management extensions for Joomla. I really don't recommend using htaccess login protection for general user use as it's not very user friendly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #306308 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Folder Access Causing Cache Issues

krileon wrote: If the login normally through CBs login module it should synchronize them and allow them to login to the htaccess protected directory.

This is the issue we’re having, they’re logging in via CB but it is not syncing them properly. We have to reset their password or clear their cache & that seems to only work if we have them clear even their auto form fill cache.

Shouldn’t it recognize their username & password when logging in via CB automatically? Is there anything we can do to help this process?
I’ll look at the other options but we strongly do not want to use any other plugins because issues always seem to arise from having more plugins, we try to only use CBSubs for less issues.

5 years 9 months ago #306310 by krileon

This is the issue we’re having, they’re logging in via CB but it is not syncing them properly. We have to reset their password or clear their cache & that seems to only work if we have them clear even their auto form fill cache.

htaccess logins cache client side. That means they may have to clear their cache if they attempted to login and it failed. That's just how htaccess login works. They shouldn't need to reset their password.

Within CBSubs > Settings > Integrations > Folder Access is "Encryption Method" set to "Default" or was an encryption method selected? If a method was selected you need to be absolutely sure it's compatible with your server.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #306314 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Folder Access Causing Cache Issues
It is set to "Default". I just had another member that I had to offer support to. In their case, indeed I had to reset their password & walla. I've checked the directory, both .ht files are there & the username/encrypted passwords are there as expected. But there is an issue somewhere because we shouldn't have to reset the user's password to get the system to recognize them correct?

5 years 9 months ago #306320 by krileon
Create a test user on frontend then pay the basket from backend. Now login on frontend with your test user and see if it synchronized the password correctly. This will let you know if the synchronization is happening correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn