"Renew" and "Reactivate" buttons have disappeared from some membership plans

4 years 3 months ago #315982 by lcalhoun
The "Renew" and "Reactivate" options have disappeared from some of our membership plans. I've tried to figure out a pattern, or a date when things changed - without success.

Here's our basic setup:
We have set all plans to be able to be renewed one month before expiration, and to be reactivated anytime. All our plans are for 1 year. Some of our plans are single payment plans, and need to be manually renewed or reactivated when they expire. Some of our plans are 4-payment plans, duration 3 months, total number of automatic renewals set to 4. The 4-payment plans expire at the end of one year and the member needs to renew or reactivate.

For the single payment plans, the "Renew" button shows up 1 month before expiration, and the "Reactivate" button shows up after expiration - as they should.

For the 4-payment plans the "Renew" button is not showing up at all.
For the 4-payment plans that have expired recently, the member's page doesn't even show which subscription has just expired, so it doesn't show when it expired, and it doesn't have a "Reactivate" option.

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Thank you for any help you can give!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #315990 by krileon
I assume you used "Total number of occurrences of regular validity/price (0=unlimitted)" to limit the number of renewals for that recurring plan to 4? If that's the case once they hit 4 renewals they can't renew the plan anymore. That's the total number of occurrences of that duration and price that are allowed.

There is no functionality for 1 year duration with installment payments. For that to work you'd need to reset regular_recurrings_used to 0 for their subscription in _cbsubs_subscriptions to allow for 4 payments again; you might be able to do that with CBSubs SQL Actions with something like the below.

Expiration and Deactivation:
UPDATE `#__cbsubs_subscriptions` SET `regular_recurrings_used` = 0 WHERE `id` = '[subscription_id]'

I've never used such a usecase so the above is untested and might not work, but would be the only way to try and force installment payment functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn