How to extend registration deadline for entire subscription

3 years 11 months ago #318597 by endoc
I am using CBSubs to manage yearly dues for members of a professional organization. Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we are extending their subscription period by one year, so no dues will be collected based on the previous due date.

How can I most easily extend each active subscription by one year? The current due date is 8/31/2020 and I would like to make it 8/31/2021.

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318619 by krileon
We've no official functionality for mass modifying subscription dates like that. Assuming you're using non-recurring payments the easiest way to do this is to increment their subscription expiration date by 1 year directly in the database. The below query can accomplish doing this for you.

UPDATE `TABLE_PREFIX_cbsubs_subscriptions` SET `expiry_date` = DATE_ADD( `expiry_date`, INTERVAL 1 YEAR ) WHERE `plan_id` = PLAN_ID

Replace TABLE_PREFIX with your actual database prefix. Replace PLAN_ID with the plan id you want this to be applied to. So for example I might have the following.

UPDATE `jos_cbsubs_subscriptions` SET `expiry_date` = DATE_ADD( `expiry_date`, INTERVAL 1 YEAR ) WHERE `plan_id` = 1

If your subscriptions are recurring subscriptions you've no choice but to first force all the recurring payments to be cancelled. If you're using Stripe you can actually pause payment collections for subscriptions, but you won't have this functionality for other gateways and this must be done from your Stripe dashboard. If you are using Stripe and paused the subscriptions you can use the above query to push their expiration date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: endoc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn