CBSubs mailer sending out duplicate email messages

3 years 10 months ago #318800 by swampy5
Ive a problem with duplicate email msgs being sent in mailer and wondering if I could get some ideas as to how to track down why this is happening - joomla cb and cbsubs are up to date

There are 8 published mailers - they are all going out as duplicates

So I thought its the cron job - here it is with the domain masked

#This cron task will run the cbsubs mailer rules every 5 mins and put msgs in the outbox
*/5 * * * * wget -O - -q -t 1 "abcde.org.au/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpact=cbsubsclass&cbpclass=mailer&user=62&cbpmailerdo=cronprocesssendmailqueue&key=d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e&format=raw"

Any ideas to resolve this greatly appreciated

cheers
swampy5

Tony Marsh GoGreen Computing
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318832 by krileon

#This cron task will run the cbsubs mailer rules every 5 mins and put msgs in the outbox

That is entirely too quickly. My guess is you're causing mailer processes to overlap. Ideally you should only be processing the mailer queue once or twice a day at most. The only way it'd be ok to run it that often is if you run "Url of cron task to process mailers rules" every hour to put users into the queue then run "Url of cron task to process mailqueue" at the end of the day to process the queue, but that isn't really necessary as running "Url of cron task to both process mailer rules into queue and then to process mailqueue" (the URL you're currently using) every 24 hours should be sufficient.

Additionally you can use "Maximum messages per customer (0=unlimited)" to directly limit the number of times the mailer is sent to them. "But do not send message if it's later than" can be used to limit the date check range as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318856 by swampy5
Thanks Krileon - no idea why I set the cron job to fire every 5 mins - a momentary lapse of reason I guess!
So Ive implemented a once a day cron process so hopefully that will resolve the duplicate messages
Just waiting for the next msg to fire and will see the outcome
regards
Tony Marsh

Tony Marsh GoGreen Computing
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn