smf plugin

17 years 8 months ago #19087 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Brat's Plugin
Brat,

First of all, all my condoleances for the loss. Please take all the time needed.

Then also many thanks for sharing your work with the community, very great news.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #19096 by Brat
Replied by Brat on topic Re:Brat's Plugin
drummergirl wrote:

Brat wrote:

I just tested the following, and it worked in my lab.

[code:1]
array_push($search, $boardurl.'/index.php?action=pm;sa=send"'); //url for forum private messenger
array_push($replace, $mosConfig_live_site.'/index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new"');
[/code:1]

Again, this has to be done at either a bridge level OR you can add it to the PM link section of your theme's main index template (as I explained in the previous push). On the bridge level it works regardless of what theme you use.

Could you offer a little more detail on how to accomplish this? I would love to force SMF to use UDDEIM for messaging on my site. Thanks![/quote]

Hi there, drummergirl.

This is something I'd tested in my lab, as many people seem to want SMF to interface with different things.

The "array push" lines are from the Joomlahacks bridge. Essentially, this code causes a temporary overwrite of the normal links generated by SMF. So, instead of, say, the usual SMF profile link, that's why in the Joomlahacks bridge you have the CB profile link showing up instead.

On a hunch, I tried this out by using these lines in my JH installation, and it did indeed work - my PM rerouted to UddeIM as desired.

Now, the question is...

What if you're not using the Joomlahacks bridge?

Well, I'm going to see if this code will also work with the "official" bridge. Also, if you're more a template person, you can accomplish the desired function by editing your template file, commenting out the original PM link, and dropping in the link for your PM of choice (i.e., UddeIM).

It sounds technical, but it's really not hard to do. Just takes the fortitude to read a little code and drop the line in the right place. ;)

I don't remember exactly where in this thread I dumped the long explanation of how to do this, but it's in here somewhere.

Again, if you are using the JH bridge, this is a really easy edit to a core file. If not, then you you will need to either add this to your bridge, or to your template file.

Regards,
Brat.

17 years 8 months ago #19097 by Brat
Replied by Brat on topic Re:Brat's Plugin
beat wrote:

Brat,

First of all, all my condoleances for the loss. Please take all the time needed.

Then also many thanks for sharing your work with the community, very great news.

Hello, and thank you for your wishes. They are greatly appreciated. :)

Regards,
Brat.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn