Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!

10 years 2 months ago #240977 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!

socialfan wrote: How is the status?

Upgrading all the Edit pages to XML. List pages like Field Management, etc.. are all about 95% done (we've some action permission issues with toolbar usage to fix still).

We won't have a Beta 3 until the backend XML is all done and fully functional, because right now it's basically half functional so we can't provide a working build right now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241585 by pepperstreet

krileon wrote: ...
CB Bootstrap: replaces Default template
There's plenty more planned as well as plenty more already implemented, which you can check out what we've done thus far below. forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues?query_id=48

On forge you wrote:

...Tabs output is now Bootstrap powered... .

Hello Kyle,

Template Positions & Tabs:
What does CB2.0 mean for Profile layout customization and especially configuration?
Do YOU hard-code and assign the Bootstrap ROWs and SPAN classes in the template markup? Or is it even possible to adjust those positions by configuration?

At least a CB-tab could have a custom class input parameter or maybe a BS SPAN class selector? (you may remember the J! core module parameter for "Bootstrap Size". Something like this?

BTW, for BSv2 it was easy to have a simple 1-12# input... but BSv3 allows to have different sizes on different devices/screensizes. Real nesting is possible and you can also keep multiple columns on smaller screens. Which is a real advantage over BSv2.

Generally, the old Global config with columns and % is not "bootstrap-like". I guess, it does vanish in CB2.0?

10 years 2 months ago #241586 by pepperstreet
Additional thoughts about CB-Tabs and Bootstrap...

Profile Edit:
1.) Is it possible to get different styles in Profile Edit ? The CB1.9.x horizontal "tab-mania" is really bad. Especially with a lot of tabs. The current markup makes it impossible to modify the layout with CSS. Hence the separate structure of tab-title and tab-content. I would really like to see an output-style selection like we have in profile display.

Tab Styles:
2.) Do you have complete Bootstrap tab style support for the CB-tabs. Bootstrap offers misc tab-orientations, like top, left, right, bottom.

3.) I can imagine more BS styles like: Accordion (slider), DIV well or DIV well-small, maybe ordinary Fieldgroups.

PS: Maybe the Edit-Profile layout is not getting any new features, since Edit-in-Place/AJAX is going into CBcore ?!

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241649 by krileon

Do YOU hard-code and assign the Bootstrap ROWs and SPAN classes in the template markup? Or is it even possible to adjust those positions by configuration?

For field title and field value it is (3/9). For profile tab positions it'll use the % you supply in CB > Configuration > User Profile and translate it to a Bootstrap col size (this only changes the left, middle, and right). The column tab positions all use Bootstrap col sizes based off tab count in those positions. So you really have a lot of options just using the tab positions.

At least a CB-tab could have a custom class input parameter or maybe a BS SPAN class selector? (you may remember the J! core module parameter for "Bootstrap Size". Something like this?

Not really sure there's a need for that. We automatically calculate the sizing based off easy to use % for the 3 top positions. The others auto calculate based off tab count. This makes it pretty transparent and easy to use for those unfamiliar with Bootstrap.

BTW, for BSv2 it was easy to have a simple 1-12# input... but BSv3 allows to have different sizes on different devices/screensizes. Real nesting is possible and you can also keep multiple columns on smaller screens. Which is a real advantage over BSv2.

We use col-sm (small) as it provides the best responsive usage for a wide range of devices. All of this is of course subject to change.

Generally, the old Global config with columns and % is not "bootstrap-like". I guess, it does vanish in CB2.0?

For now it hasn't, but it'll auto translate the % to Bootstrap sizes. It's possible this could change or be improved later though.

1.) Is it possible to get different styles in Profile Edit ? The CB1.9.x horizontal "tab-mania" is really bad. Especially with a lot of tabs. The current markup makes it impossible to modify the layout with CSS. Hence the separate structure of tab-title and tab-content. I would really like to see an output-style selection like we have in profile display.

There's 2 new parameters that'll probably be of interest to you in this regard. You can set Registration to "Flat" or "Tabbed" (default "Flat"). You can then do the same for Profile Edit (default "Tabbed"). You could set Profile Edit to "Flat" and you'd have just a list of fields like you're familiar with in registration. I've also rewritten our Tab usage with jQuery and given the HTML output a lot more classes/IDs for easier styling.

2.) Do you have complete Bootstrap tab style support for the CB-tabs. Bootstrap offers misc tab-orientations, like top, left, right, bottom.

No, we don't have a tab style parameter. It's positioned the same as it always has (top).

3.) I can imagine more BS styles like: Accordion (slider), DIV well or DIV well-small, maybe ordinary Fieldgroups.

All great ideas. We certainly want to continue to improve the frontend, but we can't implement everything we have planned without an infinitely delayed release so we've to kind of draw a line so we can get a 2.0 out then eventually a 2.1, etc... the idea is to have a more active release schedule.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241653 by pepperstreet

All great ideas. We certainly want to continue to improve the frontend, but we can't implement everything we have planned without an infinitely delayed release so we've to kind of draw a line so we can get a 2.0 out then eventually a 2.1, etc... the idea is to have a more active release schedule.

Agree! Just spilling out some ideas from the top of my head. (I have no DEV account, so my thoughts are quick and dirty… theoretically based on the screenshots and presentation mockups)

Oooh, another "great idea" is growing in my head ;-)

Icons for tab titles
It would be nice to have icons by simple configuration. A parameter that allows to select or add the respective icon class/markup. With the help of WYSIWYG. I recently came across this cool project:
Bootstrap Icon Picker

BTW, do you use the BS3 Glyphicons or FontAwesome ? If the latter, maybe the mentioned project can be modified to support FontAwesome.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241675 by krileon

Agree! Just spilling out some ideas from the top of my head. (I have no DEV account, so my thoughts are quick and dirty… theoretically based on the screenshots and presentation mockups)

Feedback is always welcomed. It gives us a better idea of what people would like CB to do and how people are using CB.

Icons for tab titles
It would be nice to have icons by simple configuration. A parameter that allows to select or add the respective icon class/markup. With the help of WYSIWYG. I recently came across this cool project:
Bootstrap Icon Picker

The best way to do this is to use language strings. I don't think having a WYSIWYG editor would be good for titles are it makes things more complex and confusing for those new to CB. Example as follows.

'My Field Title' => '<span class="fa fa-user"></span>'

The above would render the font awesome user icon as the fields title for example. For tabs you'd basically do the same. Example as follows.

'My Tab Title' => '<span class="fa fa-user"></span>'

BTW, do you use the BS3 Glyphicons or FontAwesome ? If the latter, maybe the mentioned project can be modified to support FontAwesome.

We use Fontawesome. We no longer include Bootstrapp Glypicons due to limited selection/functionality. You can find available Fontawesome icons below (quite large set available!).

fontawesome.io/icons/

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn