Streams everywhere! Follow everyone!

7 years 3 weeks ago #292444 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Streams everywhere! Follow everyone!
Ok, it's official. CB Activity 4.0.0 as of now is complete. CB Gallery has already been updated for its minor compatibility release. GJ has also been updated for its minor compatibility release. All that's left is to update CB Auto Actions for compatibility (important since it logs most of the activity) and lots of retesting. Release is scheduled for beginning of next week. Once released it is highly recommended to update all of the following in a single install (we'll have a bundle download URL prepared to download all at once to help with this).

CB Activity
CB GroupJive
CB Gallery
CB Auto Actions

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, crealiagroup, venecam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #292489 by venecam
Replied by venecam on topic Streams everywhere! Follow everyone!
I have been waiting for this for months! Good job. I have a question about the Activity 4.0. It will be possible now for users to only see determined activity based on a field type or connection etc? For example a person that can only see female posts or male posts, based on a configuration etc.
Now we can have different "instances" of activity? For example a Menu that only shows activity from the super users and at the same time another menu that shows the global activity and other only showing the user activity and from his friends or one showing posts based on a custom configuration or simlpy 2 completely different activity streams in 2 different menus working separately? If that is not possible yet is a recommendation for the next updates. I have a social website and I always wanted to have a menu showing only activity from super users and I wanted a way to hide specific posts for some users based on this personal configuration etc etc (example, a male user that do not want to see other males posts but only girl posts etc).

Where can I see the full list of features?. Thanks !

7 years 3 weeks ago #292495 by krileon

It will be possible now for users to only see determined activity based on a field type or connection etc? For example a person that can only see female posts or male posts, based on a configuration etc.

I suppose, yes. You could create an activity stream (e.g. with an activity field) and set the asset to femaleonly for example. Then condition the field using CB Conditional. You may then need to avoid using Recent Activity and adjust the asset of the Activity tab as My Activity will show your connections activity by user id and by asset so it'd show those posts. As for individual access checks on activity with that asset no that doesn't exist, but is doable with a custom plugin (and MAYBE CB Auto Actions, haven't tried...).

Now we can have different "instances" of activity? For example a Menu that only shows activity from the super users and at the same time another menu that shows the global activity and other only showing the user activity and from his friends or one showing posts based on a custom configuration or simlpy 2 completely different activity streams in 2 different menus working separately?

Yup, that's possible now. You can have activity streams as a module, as a field, as a menu item, or anywhere that supports Joomla content prepare (e.g. in a Joomla article if you want).

I always wanted to have a menu showing only activity from super users and I wanted a way to hide specific posts for some users based on this personal configuration etc etc (example, a male user that do not want to see other males posts but only girl posts etc).

That sounds more like an individual post access control which doesn't exist unless controlled by a plugin. The main thing that determines if a post is visible on a stream or not is the asset the stream is configured to output. So if your super users post on a stream with an asset that only super users can use (e.g. set the create access accordingly) then yes that'll work. Same for gender.

Where can I see the full list of features?

You can see what's coming on our forge below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-activity/issues?query_id=84

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: venecam

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #292640 by krileon
All complete :). We need some extra time to generate new language files, get those merged, then a final install test, and then release. I'll update the demo site as soon as possible before or at time of release so everyone can take a look at the improvements as well. Release should be either end of this week (tomorrow or friday) or beginning of next (monday or tuesday) depending on how long final testing phase takes (we want to make sure it won't break on you!).

We'll also be preparing a single-package download URL to make it easier as this release includes minor release for CB GroupJive, CB Gallery, and CB Auto Actions to be compatible with CB Activity 4.0.0. The download URL will download all 4 and install all 4 in 1 easy package.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: wbuk, venecam

7 years 2 weeks ago #292687 by krileon
Demo site has been updated with CB Activity 4.0.0 so you can start trying it out now. We're preparing final builds to prepare for release soon! :)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, wbuk

7 years 2 weeks ago #292711 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Streams everywhere! Follow everyone!
Can't wait the realease to download... B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn