Streams everywhere! Follow everyone!

7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #292717 by venecam
Replied by venecam on topic Streams everywhere! Follow everyone!
I was triying the demo on the site. I was not able to see the notification feature , I assumed that is because demo site limitations. I noted that the notification icon only appears on the user profile. It would be nice to be able to show notifications on a module or on the top of the activity stream too to avoid the users to have to go to their profile to check each time, I think that notifications on the same stream are a must.
I noted that when posting a link on the activity stream you can´t add directly a Title and description, you have to wait to post and then click on edit to be able to add that info. It would be nice for future update to add the ability to insert the activity emoticons on a post or comment clicking on a emoticon icon showing a list to insert. That way the user dont have to memorize the emoticons codes to use them.

I tried the like option and noted that you can have different reactions but when I tried to use any of them, the result was always like " Demo user liked this" , but no reaction icon, I dont know if this is related to demo site limitations.

I will continue with testing. The release date is not yet clear?

PD: I tried to upload a mp4 file on the gallery and it showed a black window but no video. Mp4 files are not allowed there? Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #292722 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Streams everywhere! Follow everyone!

I was triying the demo on the site. I was not able to see the notification feature , I assumed that is because demo site limitations.

There are no notification system actions yet. So while the notifications functionality is there and works there's nothing logging any notifications at this time. The next CB Auto Actions feature build will be adding such system actions after its user object looping has been added.

I noted that the notification icon only appears on the user profile. It would be nice to be able to show notifications on a module

It can be output as a module or using Joomla content prepare usage by setting the asset of the stream to "notifications".

or on the top of the activity stream too to avoid the users to have to go to their profile to check each time, I think that notifications on the same stream are a must.

That doesn't make any design sense, sorry. These are notifications that users are already familiar with using (see Facebook, etc..).

I noted that when posting a link on the activity stream you can´t add directly a Title and description, you have to wait to post and then click on edit to be able to add that info.

That's because it attempts to parse out the title and description from the URL first. This is how linking has always worked in CB Activity with no plans to change it at this time.

It would be nice for future update to add the ability to insert the activity emoticons on a post or comment clicking on a emoticon icon showing a list to insert. That way the user dont have to memorize the emoticons codes to use them.

Agreed, this was initially supposed to be added but I've yet to work out the design of where to put such an icon. It'll likely be by the submit button to avoid confusion with the other buttons.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5330

I tried the like option and noted that you can have different reactions but when I tried to use any of them, the result was always like " Demo user liked this" , but no reaction icon, I dont know if this is related to demo site limitations.

It is intentionally designed this way to avoid any form of negative impact when using Likes. Click "Demo user liked this" and you'll see each Likes individual reaction, but regardless of what you select it is technically a "Like".

I will continue with testing. The release date is not yet clear?

Should be out later today or early tomorrow.

PD: I tried to upload a mp4 file on the gallery and it showed a black window but no video. Mp4 files are not allowed there? Thanks

If you've a support issue regarding CB Gallery please start a CB Gallery support topic. CB Activity does not output the CB Gallery activity; CB Gallery does.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #292871 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic Streams everywhere! Follow everyone!
When we tried to add CB Activity as a module, we came up with HTTP Error 500. Is this a known issue?

Edit: Sorry, our mistake, we have not updated the CB Activity module.

Web Buster UK Ltd

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #293018 by venecam
Replied by venecam on topic Streams everywhere! Follow everyone!

There are no notification system actions yet. So while the notifications functionality is there and works there's nothing logging any notifications at this time. The next CB Auto Actions feature build will be adding such system actions after its user object looping has been added.

When is planned to be released the next Auto Actions version with notifications functionality?

That doesn't make any design sense, sorry. These are notifications that users are already familiar with using (see Facebook, etc..).

My bad, I meant to add the notification icon for example as a menu icon or as a module on the top of the streams at least, to do not have to go to your profile to know if you got notifications . For example in facebook, you always see the notification and messages icons, not only in "my profile".

7 years 2 weeks ago #293030 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Streams everywhere! Follow everyone!

When is planned to be released the next Auto Actions version with notifications functionality?

I don't know. I'm working through new releases of every plugin. I'm currently working on a CB AntiSpam release.

My bad, I meant to add the notification icon for example as a menu icon or as a module on the top of the streams at least, to do not have to go to your profile to know if you got notifications . For example in facebook, you always see the notification and messages icons, not only in "my profile".

For the most part you can put it anywhere you want by outputting a stream with the asset set to "notifications", which will render the button. This works in the module, content bot usage, and activity field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn