CB Core Fields Ajax 4.0.0

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293834 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Core Fields Ajax 4.0.0
For userlists you'll want to use tooltip or modal usage. The inline usage will cause a conflict as it causes a form within a form. Will be removing the inline option for userlist usage in next release since it basically can't work there.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6631

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293964 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Core Fields Ajax 4.0.0
Hi
Very nice upgrade :-)
Regarding the deprecation of CB Query Field usage, can you tell me how to check quickly what fields may be related to it in our DB and if there is any change to made prior to the deprecation ?

6 years 11 months ago #293979 by krileon
It's deprecated now. In short change your Update On usages in your CB Query Field query select fieldtypes and CB Code Field code select fieldtypes to use the new feature in CB Core Fields Ajax. Next major release of those 2 plugins that functionality will be completely removed. Likely months before that'll happen though to ensure CB Core Fields Ajax can handle those usecases equally and give time for everyone to update. A minor release of CB Core Fields Ajax will likely be released to migrate those settings if possible as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294939 by endoc
Replied by endoc on topic CB Core Fields Ajax 4.0.0
This is a very useful improvement, especially when we need to modify field values for a large number of users at once.

I have encountered a problem, however. One of the fields we use is often changed by moderators and is an "Area Text Editor"-type field. When attempting to modify this within a userlist view, the popup window display is not functioning/displaying in an editable way (html markups are present, the title of the field obscures view). But I have noticed that "Text Area"-type fields will display and allow editing properly.

Here is my question: Within the CB Fields Editor, It is possible to change my field from "Area Text Editor" to "Text Area" without causing any problems, such as losing values, database errors, etc? I don't really need editor capability for this field and would happily give that up if I could gain the ability to edit the field via the userlist. Or will I need to create a new field and then migrate the data in a plain text format to the new one? I am hoping it isn't the latter because I have some automatic PHP functions using the original field and it would be easier to simply change the field type and have it become plain text.

Thanks

6 years 10 months ago #294952 by krileon
The teat area editor fields don't currently work well with ajax as their WYSIWYG JS doesn't load resulting in the editor not loading in and only seeing a textarea input, which should work. There's a bug ticket to see if this can be fixed, but last couple times I've reviewed it it could not be fixed due to how those editors JS loaded. Yes, you can change a text area editor field to just a plain text area field, but you'll lose the option of saving HTML.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 1 week ago #303733 by bmeeker
Replied by bmeeker on topic CB Core Fields Ajax 4.0.0
Why hasn't the issue with text area been fixed - this renders this tool totally useless to me. I loved it before.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn