Community Builder Private Messaging is here!

5 years 5 months ago #308402 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder Private Messaging is here!

personally I think it is too simplistic when compared to UddeIM

That was partially the point. To be less complex to configure and use. If you like UddeIM then it's perfectly fine to continue to use UddeIM.

Although I miss and so do my Club members and many are not code or even html savvy so the fact that UddeIM has it's own basic editor where they can add emoticons and altered text in HTML.

You can have a simple editor by enabling HTML, which displays a WYSIWYG editor, then set your sites editor to TinyMCE then within Extensions > Plugins > Editor - TinyMCE you can customize the editor buttons available per usergroup allowing for as simple or as complex of an editor as you'd like. JCE I believe also provides this functionality on a much deeper level as well. Users don't need to know HTML at all to use the WYSIWYG editor.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308688 by Montec
Здравствуйте! При отправке глобального сообщения пользователи не могут открыть его. Нет доступа. Почему?

Hello! When sending global messages, users cannot open it. No access. Why?

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308689 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic Community Builder Private Messaging is here!
do they have Прописка ?? I seem to remember you have to set correct permissions on the PM module ( or was it the PM menu item?)...

I just wiped it on the DEV server, do not have it handy now

5 years 5 months ago #308690 by Montec
И еще момент! Пользователи могут отправлять сообщения сами себе и отвечать сами себе на свои сообщения. Как это запретить? Спасибо

And another moment! Users can send messages to themselves and reply to themselves on their messages. How to ban it? thank

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308691 by Montec

mikerotec wrote: do they have Прописка ?? I seem to remember you have to set correct permissions on the PM module ( or was it the PM menu item?)...

I just wiped it on the DEV server, do not have it handy now

Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #308692 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic Community Builder Private Messaging is here!
My understanding is you cannot ban it yet - some granular permissions are coming in the next version of CB.
For now, all you can do is unpublish the PM stuff...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn