What Am I Working On?

2 years 2 months ago #327798 by activha
Replied by activha on topic What Am I Working On?
I had a look on your roadmap and noticed Tailwind CSS that I did not know but which seems very very interesting.
Will it happen on or before Bootstrap 5 support ? Because that may be interesting to shift to it instead of moving from B4 to B5
Can you share your ideas a little more ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #327808 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What Am I Working On?
We'll upgrade CB 2.x to B5 if it's not a ton of work. It's just to be more compatible with J4 and template redesigns that are now using B5. If it's a ton of work it'll just be skipped. Basically a matter of "can I do this in a week?".

TailwindCSS will be used for CB 3.x and our planned CB Framework and won't be used for CB 2.x. It'll also be used for any plugin switching over to CB Framework and becoming standalone. Our templates are going to be rewritten into Joomla layout files so they integrate seamless with Joomla template layout system. They'll use Twig and CB Framework will be providing a Twig renderer for them. So it's a good time to switch CSS frameworks, but for CB 2.x it wouldn't make sense to switch CSS frameworks like that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #327822 by krileon
Another progress update as promised last week the new reactions implementation is now almost 100% complete. Take a look below!

The searching functionality lets you navigate into favorites, trending, and any supported top level categories from Giphy or Tenor.

Focus is returned to search allowing FULL tab navigation with initial tab landing on the back button (each category, gif, button, and search input contains their respective aria-labels for accessibility).

All that remains is paging support and the functionality to actually favorite gifs, which should all be completed early next week and that will wrap up the Reactions functionality rewrite.

This is also entirely mobile ready out of the box and will scale down to fit the window. The same applies for Stickers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, asierraserna

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #327975 by krileon
The new reactions implementation is now complete. Below is a nice comparison from old to new to give you an idea of how much this feature has been redone.
OLD
NEW
<==>

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

2 years 2 months ago #328153 by krileon
The new theme selector is now implemented. It includes a much larger preview window for how themes will work. The theme name is now more than just backend organization and can be used to name the theme in the previews. Take a look below!
OLD
NEW
<==>

It can be entirely navigated using keyboard as well. Every node has its appropriate aria labels for accessibility. It's also no longer a very slow select2 usage and is now a lightning fast templated popover.

Themes themselves are also now full width activity. This means they'll expand edge to edge within their activity containers. Take a look below!

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

2 years 2 months ago #328154 by activha
Replied by activha on topic What Am I Working On?
Do you also change the buttons to trigger actions ? I see a colored one ;-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn