Profile Layouts, Joomla Fields, and more!

8 months 1 week ago #334820 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic Profile Layouts, Joomla Fields, and more!
hi.
1- how to access that feature (forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9233)? need to update cb or what?
2- Is it possible implement this method for list in cb? if it is possible , my problem from 7 years ago can be resolve (www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/235728-can-i-override-cb-userlist-menu-item).it will be very good if possible for each list separately.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 months 1 week ago #334823 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile Layouts, Joomla Fields, and more!

1- how to access that feature (forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9233)? need to update cb or what?

You'll have to wait for a new build release. Should be available sometime today.

2- Is it possible implement this method for list in cb? if it is possible , my problem from 7 years ago can be resolve

No, there are no plans for userlist layouts at this time. In CB 3.x when we've rewritten our templating system into Twig files we'll support per-userlist twig template then you'd be able to just change all the HTML yourself.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 months 5 days ago #334897 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Profile Layouts, Joomla Fields, and more!

The Custom layout supports substitutions and Joomla content plugins so I suppose you could display 2 different modules depending on what URL you're on by IF substitution conditioning against the itemid. Example as follows.
[cb:if menu_id="12"]The current menu item is Itemid 12[/cb:if]
[cb:if menu_id="1"]The current menu item is Itemid 1[/cb:if]

The menu_id would be the Joomla menu id. This lets you display content based off the viewed Joomla menu. As for displaying the modules use normal Joomla content plugin shortcodes for that.

Hello,

I tried this code but it does not display any additional text.
I changed the id with the value corresponding to my itemid.
I also tried [header] and [footer] tags.

I think the profile layout is linked to my registration module because when you change parameters like "show login", "legend", etc. in my layout profile, the layout changes.

Do you know the reason?
Thank you

8 months 5 days ago #334898 by krileon
You'll need to provide exactly what you supplied in the custom layout for me to suggest anything. Simply could just be an error in your substitution syntax. If a tab position doesn't have anything to output it's not going to display anything. For registrations [header] is the registration header as configured in CB > Configuration > Registration. Same as with [footer]. As for menu_id that's just built into CBs substitutions and isn't specific to layouts. It's entirely dependent on what the Itemid is in the current page being displayed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 months 2 weeks ago #335070 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Profile Layouts, Joomla Fields, and more!
Hello Krileon,

The code I entered exactly this code in the custom layout input :)
[cb:if menu_id="12"]The current menu item is Itemid 12[/cb:if]
[cb:if menu_id="1"]The current menu item is Itemid 1[/cb:if]

7 months 2 weeks ago #335072 by krileon
You need to change the values of the menu_id to match the Itemid of the URLs you're trying to match. menu_id is just whatever the current URLs Itemid is. You can find a menus id within Joomla menu manager or by checking the Itemid in the current URL you're wanting to match. What I provided is just an example.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn