Content Module & CB Template

15 years 2 months ago #88454 by ckayfish
Content Module & CB Template was created by ckayfish
Is/will the Content Module be made available seperatly or only distributed with template?

Does the CB MyCommunity template rely at all on the Joomla! template or can it be used with any Joomla! template?

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #88455 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Content Module & CB Template
Yes it will be released separately, with lot of other things ;)

The module is optional for the template

And the module is generic.

It can display the CB Menu like used for the template.

But it can also display any CB content (hence it's name) in a module (except users-lists in CB1.2). But fields, tabs, positions, and any substitutions, conditional content of the looked-at user, logged-in user, or any of both can be displayed (also content of any specific user as well).

So it is VERY flexible :)

More to come soon.

Can't tell how many days but it's cooooming.... :woohoo:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 2 months ago #88457 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Content Module & CB Template
ckayfish wrote:

Does the CB MyCommunity template rely at all on the Joomla! template or can it be used with any Joomla! template?

The CB MyCommunity template is 90%-100% independant of the Joomla template, but it doesn't override all joomla template settings, like any CB other core CB template.

Put otherwise:

The MyCommunity Joomla template doesn't have any CB specific CSS, as those are in the CB MyCommunity template.

But CB uses joomla template formatting, to look ok inside the joomla template.

Not sure if I answered your question, but inside another template it will have a similar effect like any other core CB template would have.

So no 100% guarantee, as it really depends on your joomla template, but changing the core cb template will give you an idea of what changes and what comes from the joomla template. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 month ago #91752 by msquared70
Replied by msquared70 on topic Re:Content Module & CB Template
Will purchasers of the template get upgrades/instructions on the content module when released?

Also.. I purchased the template for the CB Plugin Template and Content Module. NOt the Joomla template. I realized after installing the plugin that the content module uses joomla template css and therefore I don't have the nice icons next to the menu items.

If I install but don't publish the mycommunity joomla template.. is there a way to "point" the content module to the mycommunity joomla template css?

Thanks

15 years 1 month ago #91824 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Content Module & CB Template
msquared70 wrote:

Will purchasers of the template get upgrades/instructions on the content module when released?

Also.. I purchased the template for the CB Plugin Template and Content Module. NOt the Joomla template. I realized after installing the plugin that the content module uses joomla template css and therefore I don't have the nice icons next to the menu items.

If I install but don't publish the mycommunity joomla template.. is there a way to "point" the content module to the mycommunity joomla template css?

Thanks

Either add the CSS for the menu to your joomla template or add it directly to the module.

The CSS for the menu is at the top of the CSS file for mycommunity template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 month ago #91828 by msquared70
Replied by msquared70 on topic Re:Content Module & CB Template
Thanks

I tried and was half-way successful. The styles are working but not the icons.. I think I need alter the image paths. I've tried various paths and copied the cbicons.gif image to the main image folder and it doesn't show up.

Just checking.. the icons that display are one image file?

Thanks
Mark

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn