Variable subsctiption fee

8 years 1 week ago #280687 by michelgofman
Variable subsctiption fee was created by michelgofman
Hello everyone

I have set a comprehensive Joomla 2.5 website for an association. I used CB (of course).

I am now considering installing CBCBSubs, to collect the yearly membership fees by online payment, as a starting requirement.

Q1 The main membership is permanent, but the subscription fee is called every year.
The subscription fee is based on a unique "fixed" CB field for each member multiplied by a unit fee, set every year at the general assembly. So the membership fee is different from year to year, and from member to member. Is it possible to implement?

Q2 is it possible to offer discount for online payment or direct payment (Q4)?

Q3 is it possible to integrate offline payments (cheques) from files/info sent periodically by our accountant?

Q4 is it possible to set a permanent automatic direct payment?

Q5 and last. Is Joomaa 3 upgrade compulsory?

Thanks
Michel

MG Developpement : un point d'appui pour changer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281551 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Variable subsctiption fee
Best way to do conditioned prices is use CBSubs Promotions and a negative promotion. This will let you condition the price based off a field value for example, a usergroup, or someones geographical location.

With that said there's no condition for payment type. So you can't condition against using PayPal for example. The best way to do that is have 2 copies of your plan and assign 1 to the PayPal gateway using the Owner ID parameter.

Q3 is it possible to integrate offline payments (cheques) from files/info sent periodically by our accountant?

Not sure what you mean, but users can attach files to their profile using a File fieldtype (built into CB 2.x).

Q4 is it possible to set a permanent automatic direct payment?

Nothing is permanent. Someone an cancel their subscription at any time, but recurring payments are doable depending on the gateway used.

Q5 and last. Is Joomaa 3 upgrade compulsory?

CB 2.x supports at minimum Joomla 2.5. This means so does CBSubs. However, Joomla 2.x is EOL (end-of-life) and you should strongly consider upgrading to Joomla 3.x as soon as possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn