Video integration + Templates

7 years 8 months ago #284875 by anant
Video integration + Templates was created by anant
We are looking for a community portal in german language as native and with multilanguage support. We have to manage our own selfhosted unique video content which comes from a streaming server with embedded code.
We want to show free video content and paid video on demand with community area. How to realize this with community builder?

The whole system is very complicated to understand and many details are unclear, even with the docs. There are far too many modules which is confusing to specific functions and what features are used for this.

We do have a Joomla main template and want to know, how does community builder show same look and feel.
We had a look onto your templates and must say, this is no go design, just the structure are useful to us, so question is:
Is there a difference from our main template or do we have to use the community builder template? So to say, do we have to use the community template for the whole Website or just for the community area?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #284901 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Video integration + Templates

We are looking for a community portal in german language as native and with multilanguage support. We have to manage our own selfhosted unique video content which comes from a streaming server with embedded code.
We want to show free video content and paid video on demand with community area. How to realize this with community builder?

My guess is you just need CB Gallery then, but I've no idea if it's going to support your videos since CB Gallery is meant to handle raw linked videos or uploaded videos. It does not and will not support embedded random code. I'm guessing no gallery extension for Joomla would even support that.

The whole system is very complicated to understand and many details are unclear, even with the docs. There are far too many modules which is confusing to specific functions and what features are used for this.

Each product has a specific function. All of which are described below.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons

Additionally all our products can be demoed below (backend and frontend).

demo.cbdemosites.com/

We do have a Joomla main template and want to know, how does community builder show same look and feel.

CB won't be styled by your template at all unless it's a Bootstrap 3 template. However you can test drive this your self since CB it self is free to see how well it looks on your template.

Is there a difference from our main template or do we have to use the community builder template? So to say, do we have to use the community template for the whole Website or just for the community area?

If you've a Joomla template that's Bootstrap 3 you can turn off CBs Bootstrap within CB > Configuration > Integrations and CB will be styled like your template. Otherwise you need to restyle CB to fit your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn