Evaluation Questions

6 years 9 months ago #295224 by robborover
Evaluation Questions was created by robborover
Hi,

Have looked at core joomla and CB before and have a project which requires some clarification to assess suitability:

1. Can a type of user have access based on group membership (for example) to a range of profiles? E.g. user1 has paid subscription and can review/access a range of other profiles (user2, 3, 4 etc).
2. Can user2 opt out of being included in group/search based on criteria
3. Can access to profiles/groups/records be restricted by subscription criteria ?

More generally...

Are the any specific issues with having template build considered over the CB add-on versions? We are looking for a quite elegant / cool design which I think will need external development.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Newbietastic

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #295234 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Evaluation Questions

1. Can a type of user have access based on group membership (for example) to a range of profiles? E.g. user1 has paid subscription and can review/access a range of other profiles (user2, 3, 4 etc).

It is possible, but it is extremely complicated to setup. We have a tutorial for "family" subscriptions usage below, but I do not recommend it unless you're familiar with CB, CBSubs, and SQL.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/283-cb-paid-subscriptions/tutorials/18405-family-plan-membership-part-1

There is no official functionality at this time for 1 user to purchase subscriptions for other users.

2. Can user2 opt out of being included in group/search based on criteria

That would be entirely up to you in regards to modifying the above usage. It maybe better to just generate coupon codes that the purchasing user can give to others for 100% discount. Tutorial for that as follows (also very complex requiring SQL experience).

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/283-cb-paid-subscriptions/tutorials/18407-purchasing-discount-coupons

3. Can access to profiles/groups/records be restricted by subscription criteria ?

Yes, you can protect tabs, fields, or entire profiles using subscriptions in CBSubs.

Are the any specific issues with having template build considered over the CB add-on versions? We are looking for a quite elegant / cool design which I think will need external development.

CB has a template system for CB it self and most of its plugins can also individually have their own templates. As long as you maintain your templates when new features are added to that specific template file it should be fine. However, CB it self and its plugins are Bootstrap 3 powered so it could be just as simple as turning off CBs Bootstrap and loading in your own if you want to restyle everything at once.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #295235 by robborover
Replied by robborover on topic Evaluation Questions
Thanks for the feedback, helpful.

We are going to work with a developer (not you guys I know! :) ) so hopefully they can help us evaluate to the next level.

Thank you!

Rob

Newbietastic

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.799 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn