Plugin development

6 years 9 months ago #295437 by fedorvaneldijk
Plugin development was created by fedorvaneldijk
Hi,

I am investigating the possibilities of Community Builder and it's plugins, to see of they meet the requirements for my website. There are some things that are not clear to me.

- Is it, or wil it soon be possible, to post media content on the walls of groups?

- I have an extension that needs to post content on group and friends walls. Where can I find documentation on how to develop a plugin for this task?

- I need some tool to perform recurring administrative tasks, Auto Action looks like a suitable candidate. Is it possible to schedule these action using CRON?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295452 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plugin development

- Is it, or wil it soon be possible, to post media content on the walls of groups?

Yes, once CB Activity integrates with GJ this will be possible using the Links feature. Otherwise at this time you can share media by simply adding the URL to your post.

- I have an extension that needs to post content on group and friends walls. Where can I find documentation on how to develop a plugin for this task?

There's no documentation for such a thing. We've very little API documentation. Typically you can just directly insert your new content into the database.

- I need some tool to perform recurring administrative tasks, Auto Action looks like a suitable candidate. Is it possible to schedule these action using CRON?

Yes, each auto action is given a direct URL to execute it that you can use with CRON. Additionally there is an Internal Users (this will loop your auto action through every user, be careful with this one) and Internal General trigger that you can assign to auto actions then execute the respective internal users or internal general URL from CRON.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn