Businesses & public

6 years 8 months ago #295667 by e-volve
Businesses & public was created by e-volve
Hi,
For a project i'm in need of the following:

Businesses can make a account end create a business page, with in depth info about their business.

"The public" can create a useraccount and search for businesses (restaurant, clothing store, etc.) within My Maps Location (which is CB compatible).

For example:
A person is in the city centre and wants to find a subscibed clothing store. He makes a search (via the My Maps Location extension) and finds 2 businesses within a range of 500 metres. They click on one of the results and go to the CB page for that business.

Is this possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #295677 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Businesses & public
Sounds like your entire usage hinges on if My Maps Location integrates with CB or not. In that regard I can't answer your question as we're not the developers of My Maps Location. As for the business profiles yes as those could just be normal CB profiles. If you want to have different profile types (e.g. Business and Customer) you can use CB Conditional to show/hide fields/tabs based off profile type for customized profiles based off type. An alternative is to use CB GroupJive and have groups be the businesses, but I highly doubt My Maps Location integrates with it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #295854 by e-volve
Replied by e-volve on topic Businesses & public
Thanks for the reply.

Is it also possible to create 2 different registration forms?
One for business registration (which have much more fields to enter and is done by RSForms)
One for "normal users" with a simple registration.

The business registration has to be verified by admin, the "normal users" must be automatically be activated.

Normal users cannot see/find eachother.

MyMapsLocation is compatible with Groupjive.

6 years 8 months ago #295872 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Businesses & public

Is it also possible to create 2 different registration forms?

Yes, the registration from can dynamically change what is available using CB Conditional; otherwise no you can't have 2 different completely separate registration forms. The first field available for example would be a dropdown to select their profile type. You'd then have tabs/fields show/hide based off that selection which would alter the registration form to suit the type. You can freely demo all of our products (frontend and backend) on our demo site below if you want to try it out.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

The business registration has to be verified by admin, the "normal users" must be automatically be activated.

Only way to require admin approval for one type, but not another is to use CB Auto Actions to force the normal users to approved during registration and leave the business users as unapproved while having registration approval enabled. CBSubs can also accomplish this using subscriptions (which could be free and be your profile type selection).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn