CB Subs plans with K2 Articles?

4 years 11 months ago #312247 by Sekulla
CB Subs plans with K2 Articles? was created by Sekulla
Hi, I am interested whether I can use CB Subs on my website.

I have a site with a community managed using CB. This also includes a catalogue of data stored using K2 articles structured using K2 categories, which the members can access (write and read). I would like to start charging for a subscription for write access to one or more of articles in these categories. Can CB Subs provide this functionality does it only work with Joomla Articles and Categories?

Many thanks for your answer in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312271 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs plans with K2 Articles?
CBSubs Content article protections only work for Joomla articles, but CBSubs Content can also protect access to entire components, modules, menu items, and even URLs. So it should be more than sufficient for handling blocking access to certain categories create article URLs. You could also give users a usergroup based off their subscription and provide access in K2 to create articles based off that usergroup (may also require a view access level for that usergroup).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sekulla

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn