How to select a Referrer (=Parrain) among a group of potential referrers

4 years 7 months ago #314166 by erwans56
Hi Joomlapolis
I have set a group of referrers. Each referrer has a name, of course, and a referrer_aid
Each new user must choose a referrer = a parrain
The parrain will be identified with parrain_name and parrain_aid

For this purpose, I need a customized field for a specific function
-A customized field named “parrain_name” located on Tab “Parrain” and a “parrain_aid”
*Type : user name
*Selection restricted to “referrers” user group
*selected in list or view or geolocalisation or whatever is easier for you
*If I could show a list of users sorted by “user_dept”( = left (profile.postal_code ;2)) + separator + ”profile.city”, it would be super
*If it is possible to display only dept / city / name, would be top
*mandatory Registration + editing

With a trigger
The “name” of the selected parrain will be copied as parrain_name of the new user when the new user has selected the parrain (referrer)
The value of “referrer_aid” will be copied to “parrain_aid” of the new user

I need to know how I can go and fetch the parrain_aid, which table and key.

Please, how is it possible to solve with CB ?. What do I need (Subscription/addon)?. What support, what suggestion can you provide or/and where can I find help or resources?.

Best regards
Erwan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #314174 by krileon
Sounds like you're wanting to generate the options of a select field based off a custom database query. For that you'd need CB Query Field. If you need something more advanced and need to do this with PHP then you'd need CB Code Field. If the query needs to depend on the values of other fields and it needs to do so while registering or editing the users profile you'll also need CB Core Fields Ajax and its Update On feature, which refreshes a fields edit display when a selected fields value changes (e.g. so you'd refresh the field if your postal code or city fields changed).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314375 by erwans56
Hi Krileon
Sorry it is very simple … and very common. But seems impossible with Joomla.
When a new user registers, he must select his correspondent.
It can be in a list or on a map displayed on the right or below (Smartphone). On this list or map a link or a button or field “Select as my correspondent”.
By clicking, the correspondent_aid is copied into the new profile into e.g. mycorrespondent_aid of the new user/member

You could have the same with shops ‘Select as my preferred shop’ on a map or in a list
Does CB provides such a possibility egal whatever it can be select/php/javascript (security ?)
It is not so simple because of access to the session.

Regards

4 years 6 months ago #314382 by krileon
Sorry, I've no idea what you're trying to do. You're trying to pass some information from a smartphone to a field? I doubt you can even do that without a native app for the mobile device as mobile browsers don't just allow you to access the phones data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314387 by erwans56
Krileon
No device, so simple.
You see an equivalent on many websites
Please have simply a look to the picture
Attachments:

4 years 6 months ago #314391 by krileon
We don't provide any such functionality. That's a verify specific implementation so we can't provide a generic means of doing that. You'd have to code that behavior your self. Probably the best way is to just have a text field and have some custom JS copy over whatever data you're wanting there on click.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn