Problem with Folder Access

12 years 1 week ago #197844 by arturob
Problem with Folder Access was created by arturob
I've set up CBsubs to control access to a folder containing club member documents. When I go to front end and try to access the docs it asks for username and pass and my username and pass work fine. I have a few other people who seem able to get access but many other members cant - the username and pass simply doesnt work. Is there any way to see what username and pass is being requested? I have DL the .htpass file but of course the passwords are encrypted

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 days ago #198220 by arturob
Replied by arturob on topic Re: Problem with Folder Access
I asked this question 3 days ago and have heard nothing - is this what you call customer support? I paid good money for this software, it is not behaving as advertized and I expect help in getting it working - is that too much to ask?

12 years 6 days ago #198221 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Problem with Folder Access

arturob wrote: I asked this question 3 days ago and have heard nothing - is this what you call customer support? I paid good money for this software, it is not behaving as advertized and I expect help in getting it working - is that too much to ask?

Sorry to have missed this post.

Please give version numbers of your installation.

12 years 6 days ago #198222 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with Folder Access
It'll resync the passwords on CB login. Try having those that can't login first logout then log back into CB. Login, registration, and profile edit (if changed) is the only times we can get a cleartext password so unfortunately if they're already logged in, make a purchase, it won't be able to sync their password properly until they first logout as htpasswd doesn't support Joomlas encryption method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 days ago #198223 by arturob
Let me summarize what I just tried - login as superadmin use my password to access docs - no problems. Use password for another user whose account was set up before CB installation and before CBsubs - works no problem. Next try username and password from user added later using CBjuice - does not work. Logout as admin, login as user who was added via CBjuice - login fine access members only area - fine try to access documents - no luck. Logout and login again - no luck, Go to backend and change users password login using new pass - no luck

Go to FTP and look for .htpasswd file - it is dated 2 days ago One more thing - we are setting up the member database for the first time so all passwords for imported members are set to the same value, except in the .htpasswd file they are all different - Shouldnt they be the same? Is there a way to force CBsubs to update the .htpasswd file? - If I delete it will CBsubs recreate it? I am also seeing 180 entries in the file but we only have 159 members?

12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 6 days ago #198224 by arturob
One more little tidbit - I edited the htpasswd file and replaced the hashed pass for one of my new members with the hashed password that works from one of my early members ( the passwords are the same) - lo and behold the new member now has access. So somehow the htpasswd file contains incorrect info about user passwords. What do I do now?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn