AJAX Username Checker returns "No Indication"

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #224602 by janchambers
My site's registration form uses AJAX Username Checker, which works correctly, unless a user picks a username that's already taken, attempts to register anyway, and then tries to change the username after being returned to the registration form. When a user puts in a new username, AJAX Username Checker will return the message, "No Indication" instead of the normal, "The username, '[USERNAME]' is free for registration: you can proceed."

Disabling SEF, unpublishing all modules assigned to the registration form's menu item, and changing the menu item from the default template to another did not solve the problem.

I am using CB 1.9, CB Conditional 1.9.0, and CBSubs 3.0 GPL on a Joomla 2.5.9 site. Validation is enabled in CB Conditional's configuration.

What would you suggest doing to help diagnose and solve this problem, or at least find a good workaround?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #224615 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic AJAX Username Checker returns "No Indication"
So it only does this after a failed registration attempt? Normal registration attempts it's working fine? The language string for that message is _UE_NO_INDICATION and looks like a normal response in comprofiler.php of tabClass function, but don't see why in this very specific scenario it'd display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #224728 by janchambers
Replied by janchambers on topic AJAX Username Checker returns "No Indication"
Yes, this error only shows up after a failed registration attempt.

I used Debug Mode, set error reporting to "Maximum" and set "Debug Language" to "Yes." I found that there was a parsing error in one of my language files, which I resolved by deleting some old extensions, but that didn't fix the original issue.

I also disabled the component CiviCRM, which had been the cause for some unrelated PHP warnings. However, that didn't stop the problem either. Unpublishing CB Conditional didn't help.

Is there a possibility some other extension or CB plugin could be causing CB to have this problem, or does this sound more like an internal issue (I'm personally leaning toward the latter)?

Has anyone out there been able to replicate this, or is having the same problem?

10 years 11 months ago #225004 by krileon
Have tested 4 different installs and could not confirm your issue. Do you have any caching enabled? If so try disabling all caching and purging any existing cache.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #225034 by janchambers
Replied by janchambers on topic AJAX Username Checker returns "No Indication"
Caching has been disabled the entire time, and I double-checked to make sure that it was. I also purged the cache, and the error persists.

10 years 11 months ago #225078 by krileon
Strange, please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn