[SOLVED] Please tell sysadmin to enable IPN and PDT in his Paypal account.

11 years 1 week ago - 10 years 10 months ago #225185 by erichf
I'm testing against the sandbox. I've confirmed that IPN is enabled and PDT is enabled for my account. Auto Return is set to on and I have the home page of the site for the return URL.

The PayPal sandbox account shows "Notification of Payment Received" and shows "Receipt for Your Payment" for each transaction.

All the Subscriptions show "Registered" and "Unpaid" in Paid Subscriptions: Subscriptions.

If I delete the token from the payment gateway, everything still functions in the same manner which makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the token but it's cut/paste out of PayPal.

Is there anything else that can cause this error?

Thanks

Erich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 week ago #225280 by krileon
Does CBSubs receive any notifications within CBSubs > Notifications? Please review the CBSubs documentation closely as PayPal configuration is detailed greatly. PayPal basically redid their entire sandbox recently so this may cause some issues until they've worked out any bugs that maybe present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 week ago #225300 by erichf
Thanks Krileon.

The Notifications shows a series of IPN entries. Each of the entries shows
Verification: Verified
Payment method: shows a "-"
Pending Reason: Multi Currency

The pending status appeared to be related to the fact that the paypal sandbox is a US$ business account even though my business account is actually a Canadian dollar account. If I change the currency of the Paid subscriptions to US$, then the transaction completes, but I still get the same error when the customer returns to the site. So this is progress but it's less clear as to why this message is appearing considering that the Notifications are showing IPN entries and the transaction completes.

Where else should I look for issues?

11 years 1 week ago #225347 by krileon
My guess is the user is arriving at the site before the IPN does and you don't have PDT configured properly. In addition to having auto return on you need to set PDT to send data back; this configuration is described in your CBSubs documentation. Yes, CBSubs will reject payments that have mismatched currency to prevent tampering. To ensure your PayPal account is sending data with PDT navigate to Profile > My selling tools > Website preferences and ensure "Payment Data Transfer:" is set to "Yes".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 week ago #225370 by erichf
Thanks Krileon. I've read the documentation but unfortunately, since Paypal has changed their interface recently, the instructions in the manual in and your posting here for enabling PDT are no longer correct. The proper procedure is now:
  1. Log into PayPal.
  2. Click My Account | Overview.
  3. Click My Business Setup (on the right-hand side).
  4. Click Customize my buyer's experience.
  5. Locate Auto Return and Click Edit.
  6. Enable Payment Data Transfer.
  7. Click Save.

I've attached a screenshot of the settings showing PDT enabled.

So, PDT is enabled, and I'm receiving IPN notifications. What other settings can have an effect?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbaxley

10 years 10 months ago #228225 by erichf
The solution was two-fold. First, in Paid Subscriptions | Gateways in the "PayPal Account and PDT Identity token" area, use your Merchant ID in the "PayPal Business (email or secure merchant ID)" field and your primary account e-mail address in the "PayPal Main receiver account (email) (if Business is different from your main account)" field. This should get everything to work properly with your live PayPal account. I found that I still had problems with the sandbox.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn