Ideas for a specific situation with two different memberships

10 years 10 months ago #228132 by andor
I have a rather ordinary setup for one type of membership: 3 different periods for the same kind of membership => three plans.

Now, a new "club" is starting up and this club will have its own content, menus and forums, without any direct relationship with the first three plans.

Is this a typical situation where I would use the parent/child setup in two groups or should I just go for a fourth plan?

In the latter case, I guess I would have to avoid the possibility to upgrade from any of the other three, since this one is a stand alone membership?

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.13
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #228137 by krileon
Don't understand what you're asking, sorry. You don't want your current 3 plans visible to the new "club"? What's a club? A CB user? You could make your plans accessible by URL only that way they can only be accessed by you providing them a URL somewhere so they won't be present on all registration pages or you could create a 4th plan (parent exclusive) for them to subscribe to instead of the other 3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #228170 by andor
Sorry for being unclear :blush:

Let's say I have a site where food is the thing. Users pay to get access to food recipes, discussions and newsletters. The may pay for a 1, 2 or 3 years subscription.

Food is the main thing, but now we will open a wine section where users will pay to be invited to wine tasting, discuss and rate wine.

"Food members" don't have to subscribe to the wine section and will not upgrade from the food subscription to the wine subscription, but rather be presented to the wine section/subscription as an additional possibility, for 1, 2 or 3 years.

Hope I managed to describe the scenario - how would I best take advantage of CBSubs in this case?

Joomla 2.5.13
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0

10 years 10 months ago #228203 by krileon
I see, this is very doable using non-exclusive plans. Below is the setup I'd use.

Food (parent plan, non-exclusive, free, lifetime)
- 1 Year (child plan, exclusive)
- 2 Years (child plan, exclusive)
- 3 Years (child plan, exclusive)
Wine (parent plan, non-exclusive, free, lifetime)
- 1 Year (child plan, exclusive)
- 2 Years (child plan, exclusive)
- 3 Years (child plan, exclusive)

With the above they can select either Food, Wine, or Both, but they must select (if they select the parent) 1, 2, or 3 year subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andor

10 years 10 months ago #228207 by andor
Thank you!

I actually started to test that out and found it's working :whistle:

...however, what if I just would like to have the three Food plans listed on the "main" subscription page and have the Wine plans published on a specific page - maybe along the lines of what you said earlier: "...providing them a URL somewhere so they won't be present on all registration pages"?

Is it possible to hide the three Wine plans that way?

Joomla 2.5.13
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0

10 years 10 months ago #228210 by krileon

Is it possible to hide the three Wine plans that way?

Absolutely, edit your Wine parent plan and on the Workflows tab set "Propose spontaneously plan at registration:" to "No: hide this plan from registration, unless included in URL or needed for access". Now the Wine plans will only show on pages that require the plan for access or if you use a plan URL. The plan URL can be found at the top in the header when editing your plan. Note when using plan URL ensure to include the child plans too (e.g. &plans=1-2-3-4).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn