State Drop-Down List On Registration Form Freezes

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #235419 by NJJimInHI
Greetings,

We are running CBSubs 1.9 on Joomla 3.03 and we have a problem with the date drop-down field on registration form. When you click on the down-arrow to display the list of states, it just freezes. If you click on "Submit", then it comes back with the error that State is required. At this point, the drop-down list works. This is on the "second" registration form, as we have configured Invoicing as Invoicing address handling at payment time:-->Mandatory Invoicing Address.

Thanks for any help with this matter.

Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #235429 by krileon
CBSubs 1.9? Do you mean CB 1.9? Please ensure you're up to date using CBSubs 3.x and CB 1.9. In Chrome or Firefox with Firebug press F12 before navigating to invoice address edit page and review the Console tab when clicking one of the dropdowns to see if any errors show in the Console.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #235529 by NJJimInHI
Hi Kyle,

You were right, CB is ver 1.9, CBSubs is 3.0 GPL, and Joomla is 3.03.

The error did not occur in FireFox, but did in Chrome. Here are the console error messages:

Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'getElements' jsn_utils.js:503
JSNUtils.setMobileSitetool jsn_utils.js:503
JSNTemplate.initOnDomReady jsn_template.js:45
(anonymous function) mootools-core.js:121
(anonymous function) mootools-core.js:5
Array.implement.each mootools-core.js:9
invoke.fireEvent mootools-core.js:120
j mootools-core.js:175
Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'tooltip' (index):65
(anonymous function) (index):65
k jquery.min.js:2
l.fireWith jquery.min.js:2
p.extend.ready jquery.min.js:2
D jquery.min.js:2
[jquery.form] terminating; zero elements found by selector jquery.form.min.js?v=5f899b2e5dd9cba9:10
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'create' of undefined measureIt.js:120
(anonymous function) measureIt.js:120
Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type text/html: "www.stateexampass.com/component/comprofiler/media/system/images/mootree_loader.gif". (index):820

Thanks again.

10 years 6 months ago #235566 by krileon
You have fatal JS errors present. This will break the dropdowns jQuery. It looks like the issue maybe due to measureIt, which CB does not have or provide. Review the source location of measureIt in the console to see where it's coming from.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #235581 by NJJimInHI
That makes sense, Kyle, as I do not have MeasureIt installed in FireFox, but do have it installed in Chrome. I should mention, though, that I recently had 2 tech support calls to PayPal (help with setting up the CBSubs PayPal gateway) and both calls the tech experienced the same problem. The use IE version 8. Any thoughts on that?

10 years 6 months ago #235684 by krileon
The IE8 issue is likely due to the below bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3887

This can be resolved by applying the below quickfix (remove curvy corners, it's gone in next CB release).

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/240-potential-bugs/219270-drop-downs-on-ie-8-not-working?start=6#219512

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn