[#4302] CB fields for invoicing address problem

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #235664 by kremlinu
Hi,

I have a Joomla 2.5 site with CB 1.9 and CBSubs 3.0

From CBSubs Settings-Display-Invoices I want to pass some cb Fields values to invoice address fields, but there are some problems:
1. I cannot pass a delimiter field value
2. The First Name invoice address field takes only the first name cb field value, no matter what CB field I say to use.

I want to transform the First Name invoice address field into Name/Company Name field and to give the initial value from a CB delimiter field

Can you help, please?

Web Admin at Arhitecti si Proiectanti www.arhitectisiproiectanti.ro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #235688 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB fields for invoicing address problem

1. I cannot pass a delimiter field value

Correct, delimiter fields don't have database values so there is nothing to pass.

2. The First Name invoice address field takes only the first name cb field value, no matter what CB field I say to use.

It only passes values 1 time on first purchase. Ensure you're testing with new users to confirm if the value passing is working as expected or not.

I want to transform the First Name invoice address field into Name/Company Name field and to give the initial value from a CB delimiter field

There is a Company field specifically for company name.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #235770 by kremlinu
Replied by kremlinu on topic CB fields for invoicing address problem

Correct, delimiter fields don't have database values so there is nothing to pass.

ok, I understand

It only passes values 1 time on first purchase. Ensure you're testing with new users to confirm if the value passing is working as expected or not.

I tested with new users, problem persist. Related to this, I dont understand why in backend Settings-Display-Invoices-CB fields for first invoicing address of customer there is only "Name field" available and in front end there are "First name" and "Last Name" ?
I think it's a bug here.

3. Unrelated to the problem above, I dont understand why when I choose proforma invoice first, I still have a payment slip (offline payments). In this case I have 3 invoices: slip, proforma and invoice whitch is not ok. Can I disable paymant slip in this case?

Thanks

10 years 6 months ago #235782 by krileon

I tested with new users, problem persist. Related to this, I dont understand why in backend Settings-Display-Invoices-CB fields for first invoicing address of customer there is only "Name field" available and in front end there are "First name" and "Last Name" ?
I think it's a bug here.

No, just lacking dynamic name format feature. It should be based off CB configuration, but currently is not and expects a single name field (which is the default for new CB installs). Added a feature ticket regarding this.

Unrelated to the problem above, I dont understand why when I choose proforma invoice first, I still have a payment slip (offline payments). In this case I have 3 invoices: slip, proforma and invoice whitch is not ok. Can I disable paymant slip in this case?

You can't disable the payment slip for offline payments. It's supposed to be sent with the payment. You could customize the payment slip though to display however you like by editing your Offline payment gateway and adjusting the parameters under "Presentation of payment slip" as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #235789 by kremlinu
Replied by kremlinu on topic CB fields for invoicing address problem
Thanks Kyle,

What about "The First Name invoice address field takes only the first name cb field value, no matter what CB field I say to use."

Try setting First name to receive city cb field for example.
Can u replicate this?

10 years 6 months ago #235877 by krileon
I don't understand. So you've mapped the CBSubs Name invoice field to City and its still adding the Name? Please clarify and will be happy to test and see if there's a problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn