CBSubs members subscriptions are not being updated as active when eWAY payments are successful

7 years 9 months ago #283474 by D1on
Hi,

We are finding that some members that had logged into their profile last month (June 2016), upgraded and successfully paid their membership subscription via eWAY, their membership subscription have not been updated correctly to reflect their payment.

These users have also received an invoice by CBSubs as their payment was successful, but their subscriptions were not updated correctly and are still showing Expired...

I have checked the "CB Paid Subscriptions: History and Logs" for these users, but can't work out why this is happening, I have also checked in eWay and their payments were all completed successfully.

Here is an example of a members log records for a member that had paid successfuly but their subscription was not updated:

15/06/2016 09:30:11 Change log Updating payment basket status: Completed because of event received: web... Payment baskets 72 update
15/06/2016 09:30:11 Change log User subscription activated as Renewed User subscriptions 268 update
15/06/2016 09:30:11 Change log Updating payment record because of new status of payment basket: Complet... Payments 60 insert
15/06/2016 09:24:02 Change log Store payment basket Payment baskets 72 insert

Here is an example of a successfull payment for a member who updated their subscription for the same CBSubs Plan and duration as the above user:

06/07/2016 10:35:02 Change log Updating payment basket status: Completed because of event received: web... Payment baskets 505 update
06/07/2016 10:33:21 Change log Store payment basket Payment baskets 505 insert

Looking at these log files, it's not clear why this is happening.

Can you please let me know why this would be happening and how to resolve this issue?

I am happy to provide you with admin access so you can help resolve this issue as this is becoming a major issue.

Thank you,

Dion.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #283500 by krileon
Do you have an PDT or IPN within CBSubs > Notifications regarding the payment? If not then there's likely a configuration problem meaning the gateway didn't let CBSubs know the payment was made. Also check within CBSubs > Payments to see if a payment was stored for their basket (you can check their basket within CBSubs > Baskets).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #283512 by D1on
Hi Kyle,

Yes, there are successful PDT records for all transactions in the CBSubs Notifications page and there are also Payment records (with links to invoices) stored in the CBSubs Basket page for these transaction as well.

It looks like this was caused due to the CBSubs Pricing Tab, validity settings as it was set in June (last month) as follows:

Pricing and validity

Is the first amount and period different: Always same period and price

Regular Validity duration: This calendar year
Start date of calendar year: 07-01
Bonus time before first period start (for calendar-based durations): 1 month
Renewable in advance by: 1 month

This was showing the plan pricing in June (last month): "per calendar year starting 1 July (from now on), 1 July 2016 - 30 June 2017".

But it looks like it did not extend the subscriptions purchased prior to 01/7/2016 correctly as they are paid, invoiced and showing an expiry date of 30/6/2016. (not 30/6/2017 as expected).

The CBSubs "Regular Plan pricing and validity" settings are so confusing and are not working as expected.

Can you please let me know how to set these plan validity settings correctly to allow new memberships or allow exiting members to renew their subscriptions in June for 12 months ending on the 30 June the following year?

Thank you,

Dion.

7 years 9 months ago #283528 by krileon
What CBSubs version do you have as that bug has been long fixed since early Cbsubs 4.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago #283541 by D1on
The currently installed version is the latest version of CBsubs is 4.1.0.

I have always kept the latest versions of CB and CBSubs installed.

Why were we not notified of this bug previously that has caused so munch inconvenience?

Are the CBSubs validity settings that I have used correct to allow new memberships or allow existing members to renew their subscriptions in June for 12 months ending on the 30 June the following year?

Dion.

7 years 9 months ago #283565 by krileon
It's not your validity settings, but was a date calculation in CBSubs. The button reflected the bug as it wanted to renew for the past year instead of the current year. You do not appear to be affected by this bug and was fixed in 4.1.0.

It seams more like the notification didn't renew the subscription at all. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. Please also include the username of the user affected.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn