CBSubs + iDev Affiliate Integration issue...

2 years 8 months ago #325687 by Strategisto2da
CBSubs + iDev Affiliate Integration issue... was created by Strategisto2da
Hi,

I'm using CBSubs with the iDev Affiliate integration and Paypal as payment processor. We've tested the integration and it works except for the iDev reporting piece. These are the steps we go through:

1. User clicks on affiliate link
2. User taken to correct landing page
3. User clicks on offer
4. User presented with CB Subs offer page
5. User completes signup and is directed to PayPal
6. User successfully completes transaction with PayPal and is redirected back to merchant page
7. Merchant page = PayPal login
8. Clicking on PayPal login shows message “already subscribed”
9. Clicking on return to merchant results in blank page

The subscription seems to be set up properly in CBsubs and in Paypal. But it appears nothing is being transmitted to iDev who requested the following:

"If they can show you a log or the 'exact' call they are making to our system with variables/values that are being passed, I can troubleshoot it instantly and know immediately what the issue is. You'd need to get that log or data from them..."

Can you help?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325688 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs + iDev Affiliate Integration issue...

8. Clicking on PayPal login shows message “already subscribed”
9. Clicking on return to merchant results in blank page

Not sure I understand what's happening here. Users shouldn't see a blank page. They should be sent back to your site, specifically the payment complete page, after making a payment at PayPal.

"If they can show you a log or the 'exact' call they are making to our system with variables/values that are being passed, I can troubleshoot it instantly and know immediately what the issue is. You'd need to get that log or data from them..."

What URL we're calling is entirely up to you as it's the "Install Path" configuration parameter in CBSubs > Settings > Integrations > iDevAff. As for the parameters we're sending the following.

/sale.php
profile = 92
idev_saleamt = PRICE
idev_ordernum = BASKET_ID
idev_option_1 = OPTIONAL_PARAM_VAL_1
idev_option_2 = OPTIONAL_PARAM_VAL_2_OR_STATUS
idev_option_3 = PLAN_ID
ip_address = IP_ADDRESS
coupon_code = PROMOTION_CODE

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325690 by Strategisto2da
Replied by Strategisto2da on topic CBSubs + iDev Affiliate Integration issue...
Kyle,

This is what I got back from Jim at iDev:

This is what we're asking for:

/sale.php
profile = 92
idev_saleamt = PRICE
idev_ordernum = BASKET_ID
idev_option_1 = OPTIONAL_PARAM_VAL_1
idev_option_2 = OPTIONAL_PARAM_VAL_2_OR_STATUS
idev_option_3 = PLAN_ID
ip_address = IP_ADDRESS
coupon_code = PROMOTION_CODE

But, realize we need to see the ACTUAL values being passed. We know "IP_ADDRESS" for example is what they are passing to us. We need to know the ACTUAL IP address that was passed during your test. So again, please get not only variables but also the actual VALUES so we can review the data and know why a commission is not being created.

My guess is, the IP address being passed is not in your traffic log but that is a guess until we see the data.

2 years 8 months ago #325692 by krileon
We have no idea what that information is. It's substituted into the URL during the payment process. So PRICE is whatever the price of their purchase, BASKET_ID is whatever the basket id is of that purchase, PLAN_ID is whatever the plan id they're subscribing to, IP_ADDRESS is whatever their actual ip address is, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325712 by Strategisto2da
Replied by Strategisto2da on topic CBSubs + iDev Affiliate Integration issue...
Kyle, this is the reply from iDev. We have tested it again with the same result... we make it through Paypal and it records the subscription but nothing is reporting in iDev for the commission.

"We cannot make progress on something where we have no data. Someone needs to provide us the data being passed to our system in order for us to troubleshoot. So far I see no replies here with the actual data. Saying things like "price is whatever" and "IP address is whatever", etc... This isn't a "whatever" situation. A commission isn't being created BECAUSE of this data and in order to troubleshoot for you, we need to KNOW what this data is. Maybe someone needs to do a test purchase. I don't know. You need to consult with them for this data as they created the plugin themselves. We had no hand in creating this integration. It was all done from their side of things. Its not even something we can troubleshoot. Please continue working with their support to get ACTUAL data from their plugin that is being passed to our system. Whoever is doing this testing, make sure they click an affiliate link prior to the test purchase (required to get the test data). Anyone should be able to include some debug code to get this data and that is something their support should be doing for you."

2 years 8 months ago #325718 by krileon
We don't have the data because the data comes from your site. That you created and configured. We've no idea what you set your plan prices to nor do we have any idea what the users ip address is or their basket id is. That's information stored on your site we've no access to.

You can find the price they paid and the basket id within CBSubs > Baskets of your site. You can find their IP Address for the subscription in CBSubs > Subscriptions. The Plan ID can be found in CBSubs > Plans for whatever plan they subscribed to.

Are you sure you've configured "Install Path" correctly in CBSubs > Settings > Integrations > iDevAff? This should point to wherever "sale.php" is located. The only 2 things that will stop CBSubs from calling iDevAffiliate API is either that path is wrong or the price is 0 (e.g. it'll skip free plans).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn