Registration-'cancel payment and memberships selected' doesn't remove CB profile

9 months 1 week ago #334511 by webmasterACA
Hi team,
I recently installed CBSubs and started configuration.
After finishing basic setup, I did some test with registration of a new member. When I filled in the registration form on front end, hit 'send' to proceed to payment, I get the CBSubs payment screen. See attachment.
When I clicked 'cancel payments and memberships selected', both were canceled as expected, and I return to my site. Checked CB user management: the user I started to register, was no longer there. Perfect!
Now that I am much further in my setup, created all my plans etc. etc. , I notice when I test again the registration of a new member on front end, doing the same as above, click again 'cancel payments and memberships selected', the CB profile for this new user is created and not removed again anymore. Which means that people can create a profile to log on to our site without paying plan. Filling up my database with rubbish users, which I don't want.

Any idea what is wrong ? Or do I wrongly think that earlier in my setup the CB user profile was removed again when a new subscriber only filled in registration and canceled his first payment ?

Please advice,
Roland

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 months 1 week ago #334521 by krileon
That normally only happens if free registrations are allowed. Within CBSubs > Settings > Global ensure "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" is set to "No" if you don't want any free registrations. Next be sure there's no free lifetime plans available for them to upgrade into. You are correct in that it should delete the user if the basket is cancelled and free registrations aren't allowed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 1 week ago #334524 by webmasterACA
Thanks for your feedback.
That is the setting I previously had indeed. And I put back now.
I am using Community Builder for years, I have a lot of existing users and bought CBSubs in order to make it possible for them to pay online for yearly membership, in stead of admin registrating there yearly payment manually in a CB field.
But with the global setting 'allow free registered users(without subscriptions) set to 'No' and 'Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans' set to no, all my existing users can't log on correctly anymore: when they logon, they get to see the empty registration form + the overview of subscriptions they can buy. They can't even access their CB user details in the database.
Because their existing CB user profile is disabled when they log on ?

I can't figure out how I can keep my existing users operational (able to log in, use the site, access their CB user data) and start using CBSubs to automate new subscriptions/payments from now on by buying new subscriptions.

For your understanding: we are a sports club with annual memberships, which we want to use CBSubs for to manage the payment.
Thanks for advising me,
Roland

9 months 1 week ago #334525 by krileon
Your configuration affectively requires a subscription one way or another. If they don't have one and none are accessible to them they will be denied access.

I recommend using CBSubs Import to import them into your paid plan as expired. That should ask them to renew on next login. If they paid outside of CBSubs you'll need to do a more advanced import and set their subscription date (when they paid) so they're given a plan with the appropriate amount of time remaining on the subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 1 week ago #334527 by webmasterACA
Thanks for your feedback. I actually figured out that I need an import for my existing customers. I have been reading the manual back and fourth for 2 days now, but it is hard to figure out what to do exactly, since I am a new customer and got the latest version, while the manual seems to be outdated, at least doesn't show all the current settings.

I created a free lifetime plan, but put in an expiration date end of this year (since our existing members pay per calendar year, so they should be able to keep logging on till 31/12 this year without getting proposed a new subscription/pay for (next year) membership.
I did an import of all existing registered users to this free life time plan. Looks ok. Existing members see that as their current plan, active and can logon and have access rights as before. So far so good.

I also put back the global setting 'Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)' to 'No'. Tested with 'Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans' as 'No' (and actually tested also with 'Yes'): in both cases, a new registered member can cancel the payment after filling in registration form, the basket record with his selected plan is removed correctly, but his newly created CB user profile remains in place, while it should be removed as you said.
And actually cleared entire cache of my site and my browser cache each time after I changed something and before I test again. 
I also tested with the free plan itself configured to be not visible at registration or available for upgrade, different from what the manual states. All not working correctly, the CB user is never removed upon cancellation of the initial payement at registration.

Can you please advise me again ? I managed to get all my setup done and working based on the manual, but now get stuck at this point since 2 days.
Thanks,
Roland

9 months 1 week ago #334528 by webmasterACA
P.S. oh, and I cannot import existing users into a current year membership plan in status active (the default for the future) since 40% of my member database are people that didn't (yet) pay for 2023. If I import them into one of the plans I setup for using the rest of this year, they are (logically) flagged as subscribed and being a paid member for 2023 during the import as per documentation. I tested this as well: all CB users get indeed an active plan in that case, those who paid and could have it, but also those who didn't join again/pay yet and shouldn't have it. Which is not acceptible as you will understand

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn