[SOLVED] Can't make a connection between users

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #233787 by cmrpc
I can see your connections but when I want to make one to another user there is nothing showing to do this.

I will provide Creds if needed since the site is shut down to the public unless registered.

"People say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Why? Do they think there’s a shortage of bad ones?"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #233791 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't make a connection between users
You need to ensure CB Connections plugin is enabled in CB > Plugin Management. Once done ensure Connections is enabled in CB > Configuration > Connections. Now ensure Connections tab is enabled in CB > Tab Management. Next ensure CB Menu plugin is enabled in CB > Plugin Management. Now ensure Menu tab is visible on profile or being rendered in CB Content Module. Most of this should already be configured this way.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #233795 by cmrpc
Replied by cmrpc on topic Can't make a connection between users
Yep I have all that the way it is suppose to be plus I have uddeIM setup but I feel I have it configured correctly too.

"People say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Why? Do they think there’s a shortage of bad ones?"

10 years 8 months ago #233798 by krileon
When you view another users profile you should see on the Menu dropdown a link to request a connection. Does this link not work? Not display at all? Is the Connections tab visible?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #233799 by cmrpc
Replied by cmrpc on topic Can't make a connection between users
The Your Connection Tab is visible on the other users page but there is no dropdown.

10 years 8 months ago #233801 by krileon
If you don't see "Request Connect" on the Menu at the top of a users profile then there's likely a configuration problem with CB Menu plugin or the Menu tab found in Tab Management configured properly. Please configure it as follows.

CB > Plugin Management > CB Menu
Menu display type: Menu Bar
Status display type: Menu List table 2 columns

CB > Tab Management > Menu
Position: Header (above left/middle/right)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.669 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn