Login using second language yelds 404

10 years 4 months ago #237382 by erichf
Joomla 2.5.16
CB 1.9.1
Using Joomfish 2.5.1 for localization
Site is two language, English/French. English is the default language.
CB's fr-FR plugin is installed.

Community builder appears to be functioning perfectly in both language environments with one exception. When a user logs into the site in French, the redirect to /profile-view.html generates a 404. If they click to another page, it works fine and they are logged into the site. If I navigate to 'voir le profil' in the CB Login module, the browser goes to fr/modifier-le-profil.html as expected.

I don't see any method in Joomfish to configure the login redirection and I don't see any way to change this in CB either.

Any suggestions how to resolve this so that a French user sees their profile page when they log in?

Thanks

Erich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #237388 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login using second language yelds 404
CB does not integrate with Joomfish. It will not append the language tag to the URL. The best I can suggest is don't have a login redirect so it'll just try to return to previous location. The alternative is for Joomfish to act on the router and change the redirect URL or act on the Joomla login trigger to change the return URL. You could also try using CB Auto Actions to conditionally redirect on the after login trigger based off language (see substitution tutorial for language tag substitution).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #237394 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Login using second language yelds 404
Actually, are you sure that this works correctly in Joomla 2.5 and 3.1.6 ?

I just heard 10 minutes back someone with a plain Joomla site having the issue of the login not keeping language...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

10 years 4 months ago #237399 by erichf
Replied by erichf on topic Login using second language yelds 404
Double checked. I go the site. Change to French language. Attempt to log in. 404. 404 message says please try to click Home_page. I click that and it takes me to index.php in French. All articles are in French and menus are in French.

10 years 4 months ago #237406 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login using second language yelds 404
Yes, but does it do that with Joomla login module as well? or is Joomla login module behaving fine?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #237411 by erichf
Replied by erichf on topic Login using second language yelds 404
When I try to go to the Joomla login url index.php?option=com_users&view=login it redirects to en/component/comprofiler/login.html if I'm on the English site or fr/component/comprofiler/login.html in French.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn