[SOLVED] Automatic Friends Request / Confirmed

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #238115 by LukeDouglas
I have a request to have any paid subscriber to automatically have a friends request to the owner of the website upon initial subscription. I checked the CBSubs, CB and GroupJive manuals but could not find anything on how this can be done.

Is it possible? If so, how can it be done?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238154 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Automatic Friends Request / Confirmed
This can be done using CB Auto Actions. The below action configuration should do what you're wanting.

Type: Connection
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
Conditional 2: [var2] Equal To A
Users: OWNER_USER_ID_HERE

Change PLAN_ID_HERE to the plan id of the plan you want this to affect. Change OWNER_USER_ID_HERE to the user id of the site owner to connect subscribers to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238191 by LukeDouglas
Replied by LukeDouglas on topic Automatic Friends Request / Confirmed
Krileon,

How does this look?

10 years 4 months ago #238212 by krileon
Your first condition is incorrect. You can't supply a comma separated list of IDs. If you want to support multiple IDs in a single action you'll need to use REGEX as follows.

[var3] Is REGEX /1|2/

Separate more IDs with a |. Aside from that everything else looks ok.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

10 years 4 months ago #238268 by LukeDouglas
Replied by LukeDouglas on topic Automatic Friends Request / Confirmed
Kyle (FYI, my Dad and Brothers name is Kyle :cheer: )

OK, my bad due to miscommunication. It seems what they want is to have the owner send a 'friends' request to the new subscriber as soon as they join. How can I do that?

10 years 4 months ago #238279 by krileon
Use the after registration trigger and remove the conditions. It should do exactly what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn