Session expired after enabling cache

10 years 4 months ago #238308 by don5420
Session expired after enabling cache was created by don5420
I have recently enabled the system cache plugin in Joomla to avoid server overloading problems. I also enabled the Global cache and set it to conservative. Since I have enabled these two features, occasionally new members who are registering will get the message "Session expired or cookies not enabled..." after they have filled in all of their information and then click the register button.

I just now disabled the Global cache to see if that makes a difference. However, I am still asking the question because it takes a while for a response and this issue is time sensitive. This is the busiest time of the year for this website and new sign ups. Therefore I cannot disable caching because of the load on the server, but I cannot have new members not be able to sign up. I need a solution to this issue.

I notice that in other modules under advanced options there is a way to disable caching of that module. Is there a way to disable caching for CBSubs or CB in general? Shouldn't this be disabled for new registrations and logins by default? Do you have a recommendation for a plugin that I can use to have caching but ignore the CBSubs pages? What would I actually tell it to ignore?

Those extra questions are in case the first questions do not provide a solution.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238348 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Session expired after enabling cache
You can disable spoof checking within CB > Configuration > Integration and this should get rid of the issue. The reason caching negatively impacts spoof checking is a unique code is generated and added to the post to validate the post. The code is attached to the users session. This prevents post spoofing. However, enabling cache causes old spoof values to cache resulting in a mismatch.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238434 by don5420
Replied by don5420 on topic Session expired after enabling cache
I have disabled spoof checking and the problem persists. Any other ideas?

10 years 4 months ago #238477 by krileon
Disable caching or try using a really short cache time (e.g. 5 minutes). It's caching the spoof checking which is added to the registration form html and that's causing the check to fail as it no longer matches database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238502 by don5420
Replied by don5420 on topic Session expired after enabling cache
I cannot disable the caching (see first post) and making it a 5 minute cache seems like it would almost negate the benefit of caching.

If I have disabled spoof checking, how can that still be the issue? How can I tell if it is spoof checking?

I am running cb 1.9 and subs 3.0.0. Could there be a bug in my version that is causing this? I ask because I can't be the only person running this software on a large website with caching enabled. I really need a solution.

10 years 4 months ago #238506 by krileon
There's 2 forms of spoof checking. That parameter only shuts off one. The other is an anti-spam check to avoid registration being spammed from outsides sources. This one can't be disabled as it's vital for security.

Caching typically does not work in dynamic environments and caching should be implemented on a usage by usage basis. For example you wouldn't want to cache any of CB as its data is constantly changing. If global caching is used it needs to be short a duration like 5 minutes or you'll end up with users viewing an old registration form that is no longer valid. The security checks are just doing what they're designed to do; protect your site from abuse.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn