CB 2.0.0-beta.3 User Lists menu items not working

10 years 3 weeks ago #244320 by stuntlist
Hi,

We have a number of member lists setup with different search and sort criteria.

If I use the Direct URL to List link in the CB List, I get the properly filtered list. But if I make a CB > User List menu item with the ID to the list set, the list is not filtered, I just get all users showing up.

For example, if I go here: test2.stuntlist.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&listid=11 I get 77 users being displayed. But if I go here: test2.stuntlist.com/west-members-female which is a menu item of type CB > User List with the list id set to 11 I get 570 Users being displayed, which is wrong. I also do not get the List description being displayed or the menu or list title. Also it never seems to finish loading the list, the browser icon for loading just keeps spining in FF.

Any idea why the menu link doesn't work?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 weeks ago #244345 by krileon
Your Joomla menu item has a Listid of 2 and not 11. So they're 2 completely different lists being displayed.

Please be sure you've provided a valid List ID to your userlist menu item. You can find list ids within CB > List Management and it's the # under the far right ID column.

Also be sure no 3rd party SEF is rewriting the URL incorrectly; general purging 3rd party rewrites can fix that or to confirm SEF conflict be sure to disable all SEF when testing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 weeks ago #244360 by stuntlist
Hi Kyle,

Exactly, the menu item is displaying the default list which has a list id of 2, but the menu item has been set to list id of 11, see image below for the menu item settings:

There is no SEF extension installed and the redirect manager is disabled.

It doesn't seem to matter what list id you put in the menu item it always displays the default list. Bug?

Thank you.
Attachments:

10 years 3 weeks ago #244383 by krileon
Please disable all SEF then retry and see if issue persists.

It doesn't seem to matter what list id you put in the menu item it always displays the default list. Bug?

Seams to be working fine in my tests, but I currently have SEF disabled. Could be an issue with the URL rewriting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 weeks ago #244514 by stuntlist
Hi Kyle,

Our site won't work without the Joomla SEF URLs turned on.

Could you try turning SEF Friendly URLs and mod_rewrite on in Global Configuration and see if it works for you? That is all that we are using on the site, no 3rd party extensions or Redirect Manager.

Thank you.

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #244535 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue on Joomla 3.x. Joomla 2.5 does not seam to have this issue. Will investigate further and fix for next CB 2.0 release. Seams to be a possible issue with our router translating back to list id.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn