Radio Buttons all Mandatory?

9 years 8 months ago #247523 by Intellitech
Radio Buttons all Mandatory? was created by Intellitech
Hi Nick,
Need some help here if you may.

I have a site which was developed 2 years back and the Radio Buttons functioned fine.

But now it seems that ALL the selections has to be made before allowing the user to proceed with the submission

This has never happened before.

Any idea how could I resolve this please??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247527 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Radio Buttons all Mandatory?

Intellitech wrote: Hi Nick,
Need some help here if you may.

I have a site which was developed 2 years back and the Radio Buttons functioned fine.

But now it seems that ALL the selections has to be made before allowing the user to proceed with the submission

This has never happened before.

Any idea how could I resolve this please??

Simple question I must ask:

Are these fields marked as required in CB Field Manager?

9 years 8 months ago #247528 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic Radio Buttons all Mandatory?
Yes. they are required fields.

I mean, for example, I have this field with 4 options.
Instead of allowing to select only 1 option, all 4 have to be selected.

Please enlighten me as to why this is happening and how can it be resolved.

I am now unable to accept applications through my website until the selection has been rectified?

9 years 8 months ago #247558 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Radio Buttons all Mandatory?
Never heard of that happening. Sounds like you've something conflicting with the validation. Disable non-core CB plugins 1 by 1 until it resolves. If not resolved then retry with 3rd party Joomla system plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #247719 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic Radio Buttons all Mandatory?
Hi Kyle.
Indeed it was some 3rd party security plugin that was causing it.
It has now been fixed after uninstalling it.

But another problem here though -

there are 2-3 fields which are triggered on condition basis.

1st field - select type of membership (condition to display next field options based on selection)
2nd field - radio button selection
3rd field - open text area field (triggers to appear only when one of the radio buttons are chosen)

1st and 2nd fields are mandatory.

however, if option A on first field and second fields are selected, there is a message prompting when trying to submit the form to select Options B in the 1st and 2nd field (which are also mandatory) in order to proceed.

Just to let you know that, this has never happened before.

If one of you could help me figure this out, it would be greatly appreciated.

9 years 8 months ago #247766 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Radio Buttons all Mandatory?
Field 1 is a Select field and Field 2 is a radio field, but even when a value is selected it's throwing a validation error when trying to save registration? Please disable CB Conditional and retest to see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn