CB Blogs upgrade erased all K2 items

9 years 6 months ago #250961 by activha
CB Blogs upgrade erased all K2 items was created by activha
Well happily backup are here for this no ;-)

We upgraded to CB 2.0, copied CB plugins, fields and tabs table as advised by Kyle to restore the configuration that was made on the test website and the result was a loss of all K2 data related to CB Blogs categories used

Have to reimport K2 tables for items to solve the issue

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250986 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Blogs upgrade erased all K2 items
The entries were deleted in K2 it self? I'm not sure how this could happen. CB Blogs only deletes entries when a user is deleted or the entry is manually deleted. Are you sure the CB Blogs configuration just wasn't lost? Please navigate to CB > Plugin Management > CB Blogs and recheck your configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #251035 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Blogs upgrade erased all K2 items
No all was ok with the configuration.
The only explanation that I have is that by manually importing plugins tabs and fields tables it reinitializes CB Blogs config for a reason that I dont know

Again, I guess that now there is no risk in updating to future versions ?

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #251038 by krileon
No, there shouldn't be any risks to updating, but as always please be sure to backup. It's always good to backup before updating anything.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #251055 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Blogs upgrade erased all K2 items
Kyle

We have a huge problem with CB Blogs which keeps erasing all items for our users. We did not change anything in the configuration and K2 items have disappeared.

It seems like only the main blog category items has been kept, all sub categories from the main blog category have been emptied once again

I am wondering whether the auto deletion when a user is deleted is not the problem ?? we tried with a test user , deleted it and maybe this could have been the cause of all being deleted by a bug somewhere ??

i can restored the tables once again but we need to find out what happens

Can you help quickly ?

Jean

9 years 6 months ago #251131 by krileon

I am wondering whether the auto deletion when a user is deleted is not the problem ?? we tried with a test user , deleted it and maybe this could have been the cause of all being deleted by a bug somewhere ??

Looks like that could be the cause. Leave auto delete on then delete a user from backend and see if issue happens. Next repeat the same test except turn auto delete off and see if issue occurs. Am already looking into the auto delete feature as it looks like blogs are not properly being requested for a user object.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn