2 CB Search Plugins, Which One???

9 years 5 months ago #253293 by zingerdigital
2 CB Search Plugins, Which One??? was created by zingerdigital
I notice when manage my joomla extensions. I see two extensions labeled "Search - Community Builder"

One is ver. 1.0.3 and the other is ver. 2.0.0

In my Joomla plugins I also see two plugins labeled "Search - Community Builder"

One is a CONTENT type and the other is a SEARCH type.

I also noticed that the ver. 1.0.3 extension has the same ID# as the plugin with the type as SEARCH....and the ver. 2.0.0 was the same ID# as the plugin with the type as CONTACT.

Now if I unpublish 2.0.0 and publish 1.0.3....the search works.
If I unpublish 1.0.3 and publish 2.0.0....it just freezes after I do a search.

Why Is that? Should I uninstall both and reinstall just the 2.0.0 version of the "Search - Community Builder" Extension/Plugin???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #253325 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 2 CB Search Plugins, Which One???
The one that is Content type is bugged. Uninstall it. Once done install the latest, which will be a Search type.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #253336 by zingerdigital
Replied by zingerdigital on topic 2 CB Search Plugins, Which One???
Should I uninstall 1.0.3 and 2.0.0. before I install the latest version?

What is the latest version number?

Also one more question....

I the plugin settings for the "Search - Community Builder"
Under the "Results" tab. What formatting can I use. It looks like I can only use a single line plain text. I tried to use tags like <br>,<p> even css. none of them work. It still only shows as a single line of plain text. Any recommendations? I would like to add more info and maybe an image.

9 years 5 months ago #253360 by krileon

Should I uninstall 1.0.3 and 2.0.0. before I install the latest version?

No, you uninstall the content type one. Latest will upgrade 1.0.3.

Under the "Results" tab. What formatting can I use. It looks like I can only use a single line plain text. I tried to use tags like <br>,<p> even css. none of them work. It still only shows as a single line of plain text. Any recommendations? I would like to add more info and maybe an image.

If the content is stripped out that's Joomlas filtering of inputs. Pretty sure that's fixed already as I've added the raw filter to the input. On display is entirely up to Joomla as well as the plugin is not stripping any content.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #253371 by zingerdigital
Replied by zingerdigital on topic 2 CB Search Plugins, Which One???
The upgrade went ok...

But, the Results Text field is still not able to use Html formatting.

For example...if I enter...

[formatname]<br>
[city], [state] [zip code]<br>
[phone]

It will display it as one line...

formatnamecity, state zipcodephone

I would love for the html formatting to work, that maybe I could add the avatar image to the search results as well.

Any other ideas to be able to do this?

9 years 5 months ago #253420 by krileon
The plugin does not strip HTML. Joomla is doing that. There's nothing the plugin can do about this as it's part of the core search functionality of Joomla. As far as I am aware there's no option to turn off the HTML stripping.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn