Auto actio URL

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276329 by edmundcheong
Auto actio URL was created by edmundcheong
Just to confirm. If i would like auto action to upda the fields of each user profile at a specific time, i will have to run the auto action internal url at crontab?

For example:
1 1 * * 0 <span>/</span>usr<span>/</span>bin/curl -s http://Internal General URL or http://Internal Users URL

When to use "general" and when to use "users"?

For the crontab curl command, should i add the -m parameter should the auto action take some time to run the action?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276330 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto actio URL
You'll need to create an action with the Internal Users trigger. Next you need to setup a CRON to run the internal users url found within CB Auto Actions > Parameters. This will cause the action to execute for every user on your site. This can be pretty heavy depending on how many users you have.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edmundcheong

8 years 3 months ago #276332 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic Auto actio URL
For the crontab curl command, should i add the -m parameter should the auto action take some time to run the action?

Anyway it should run on linux crontab's curl command right?

8 years 3 months ago #276333 by edmundcheong
I also read this

To execute on a specific user or set of users include the users parameter as a comma separated list of user ids in the URL (e.g. users=62,38,43,29).

Like this:
www.urladd.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=users&token=3376f8f1c6cabba84b9f68309b58bccc&Itemid=524&format=raw&users=123,124,125

And for what auto action do i run the Internal General URL?

8 years 3 months ago #276337 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto actio URL
I can't help you with CRON setup. You need to contact your host regarding that.

Internal General and Internal Users both have their links to execute auto actions with those triggers in CB Auto Actions > Parameters.

Yes, you can use &users to limit the number of users to execute the action on. For that usage though you need to set Triggers to None then use the direct action URL found in the auto actions edit display as &users does not function for Internal General or Internal Users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago #276338 by edmundcheong
One more question, if i have 3 auto actions which runs on the url, when crontab runs curl, all 3 autoaction will execute?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.630 seconds