[SOLVED] Applying moderation to blog edits

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282523 by JerryK132
Hello again

We have set up a scheme where certain users can create/edit blogs and we set up moderation. Unfortunately although moderator approval is required to publish the blog, the user can then change the blog without the moderator approval.

Can this be changed so that any update to the blog requires moderator approval for the new version of the page to displayed?

Thanks
Jerry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #282532 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Applying moderation to blog edits
There's no moderator approval for edits made to blog entries. There are no plans to add such functionality, but you can probably force it using CB Auto Actions. The below will probably work to force edited blogs to unpublished.

Global
Triggers: cbblogs_onBeforeUpdateBlog
Type: Code
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Method: PHP
Code:
$vars['var1']->set( 'published', 0 );
$vars['var2']->set( 'state', 0 );
Parameters
References: Variable 1 and Variable 2

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago #282557 by JerryK132
Replied by JerryK132 on topic Applying moderation to blog edits
Thanks K that's pretty cool. We'll try it.

We area small non-profit (helping separated parents to keep proper relationships going with their kids when their ex-partner tries to prevent that).

We use CB and CB Subs. We have many volunteer branches who do not have the means to build and manage sites, and besides we want to manage overall memberships centrally. Our aim in this case now is to offer branch offices their own simple sub sites (using individual blogs) which branch managers can edit but that we are able (or so we thought) to control through moderation. That is what we implemented only to discover that only publishing and not editing can be moderated... Any further thoughts on our use case and potential solutions?

Many thanks.
Jerry

7 years 11 months ago #282612 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Applying moderation to blog edits
Don't have anything further to suggest unless you want to skip using CB Blogs in favor of something like K2 or even core Joomla content with its Article Submit page which maybe able to be better limited.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JerryK132

7 years 11 months ago #282618 by JerryK132
Thanks K.
Jerry

7 years 10 months ago #282754 by JerryK132
This works, except "Access: Everybody" needs to be "Access: Non-Moderators". Otherwise when the moderator goes to publish the blog it's seen as another edit and the article is unpublished again.

The other thing we want to do is notify moderators of the edit so they can come in and approve the blog. How would we go about doing this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn