Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can't read the files used for encryption between site and paypal

7 years 7 months ago #286579 by erichburkhard
I have a strange behaviour. But I am not sure if it is a bug or if I made something wrong. Let me describe the behaviour:

1. Under the path 'root/production' of my hoster I developed my productive site which works 100%. If I go to the CB Subs productive Gateway in the backend all the necessary files needed for encryption can be read...and also the payment by credit Cards (via PayPal) works excellent....see below the screenshot (remark: the productive site is built with CB Subs: 3.0.0)

2. In order to upgrade the productive joomla site, I copied the whole productive instance to the path 'root/pre_production' ....here I also upgraded the CB Subs component to 4.1.0....the problem is: When I go to the CB Subs productive gateway (in the backend) it seems that the necessary files neede for encryption can not be read (remark: in both cases I reference to the exactly identical file folder...so it cannot be an Access right Problem (see below) .....Even if I copy the whole instance from 'root/pre_production' back to 'root/production' the files are not readable...see below
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 7 months ago #286582 by krileon
That sounds entirely like a server permission problem. Ensure the folders and files have the same permissions when you copied them over as the originals and be absolutely sure the paths are correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286616 by erichburkhard
I have absolutely no idea where the problem is..my setup is as follows:

folder: /joomla/prod_paypal_certificate

....in this folder I have the 3 files: idp-pubcert.pem / idp-prvkey.pem / paypal_cert_pem.txt

Env 1: folder: /joomla/production

...in this folder I run the productive website....and the cb subs gateway refers to the files in: /joomla/prod_paypal_certificate
..and all 3 path are checked with green colour

Env 2: folder: /joomla/pre_production

...in this folder I run the test website....and the cb subs gateway refers to the identical files in: /joomla/prod_paypal_certificate
... but here all 3 path are checked with red colour

...so with both installations I refer the same folder (/joomla/prod_paypal_certificate) and I used in both cases exactly the same path string ....the only difference is that /joomla/production runs with CBSubs 3.x and /joomla/pre_production with CBSubs 4.x ....???!!!???

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 7 months ago #286640 by krileon
Try copying the certificate files to the following.

/joomla/pre_production/prod_paypal_certificate

Then using that path.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• beat
  • beat
7 years 7 months ago #286641 by beat
I believe it is a server ownership/permissions issue:Also check the file owners in addition of permissions.

Usually copying files on a server keeps ownership

ls -la

to see ownership corresponding to website.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 7 months ago #286707 by erichburkhard
...I tried to do so and copied all 3 files from:

joomla/prod_paypal_certificate

to...

/joomla/pre_production/prod_paypal_certificate

...but it didn't help, so I made the following test:

I copied the whole joomla instance under:

..../joomla/production ....... /* which is running correct and has CB Subs 3.x installed */

to a totally new location under

.../joomla/testenv ............../* I deleted all the files in testenv, and created a new db - the backup image was made with Akeeba backup tool */

So the result was, that the /joomla/testenv installation was also working 100% (correctly refering to the same files under joomla/prod_paypal_certificate) ........so from my point of view this is the proof that it is not a path or a server access right problem.....the only difference is that my instance under /joomla/pre_production is built up with other component versions (e.g CB Subs 4.x / etc) ...for some reasons this instance seems to be corrupt, but I do not know why ??? there is no warning if I enter the backend in joomla/pre_production

Moderators: beatnantkrileon