[SOLVED] The Wall is working fine on a bare new site but not on an upgraded site

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #287046 by Pachat
Hi,

Installing CB pack on a bare new J!3.6.2 site looks good and works fine.

Now, I am on the way to convert a J!3.5 site to J!3.6.2
The first tests show that
- When the owner of a group posts a message only the last one is in the database ("POST n° 1" and then "POST n° 2" => only "POST n° 2" is in the database.
- Although, this last post is in the database, it cannot be seen in the Wall

- A member of the group that tries to post gets the message "You do not have sufficient permissions to edit this post."

I suspect that these problems may come from the "old" version.
Other CB plugins are OK.

What could I do to regenerate a clean GroupJive installation over the existing one?

BTW, tested either with the purity_iii and with protostar : both gave the same.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #287082 by krileon
Uninstall GJ then reinstall it. This will reset all of its configuration, but will keep the categories, groups, etc... If that doesn't fix it you probably have an issue with Joomlas ACL it self causing some strange issues, but it should never override a post in the database like that; it doesn't have any code to do so.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #287635 by Pachat
Thank you for your advice.
So I reinstalled GroupJive and went on with the following test

Groups:
Registered
|_ Member (13)
·|_ Paid Member (17)
··|_ Premium (29)
···|_ Gold (35)

Access:
Member: Member, Paid Member, Premium, Gold
Paid Member: Paid Member, Premium, Gold
Premium: Premium, Gold
Gold: Gold

The TEST Group belongs to the TEST category which is set for Member access.

The test consist in posting a first post "P1"
and directly after, a second post "P2"

Results:

- OK means that we get the two posts apart with two lines in the #__groupjive_plugin_wall table
In such a case, within saveWallEdit in component.cbgroupjivewall.php, $row->id was NULL

- NOT OK means that the second post takes the place of the first one in the only one line of the #__groupjive_plugin_wall table
In such a case, within saveWallEdit in component.cbgroupjivewall.php, $row->id had a value (in my case, it was 1)

Between each test, the user accesses were modified directly, for instance:
DELETE FROM `#__user_usergroup_map` WHERE `user_id` = {the_user_id};
REPLACE INTO `#__user_usergroup_map` (`user_id`, `group_id`) VALUES ({the_user_id}, 43);
TRUNCATE TABLE `#__groupjive_plugin_wall`

The cache on the server was cleared.
and the user reconnected in the front end.

The following profiles of the same user {user_id} were tested:
(13) ## Member OK
(17) ## Paid Member OK
(29) ## Premium NOT OK
(35) ## Gold NOT OK

There is maybe a problem traversing the ACL tree.

I hope this will give some direction to find what's going on, because for the present the Wall is unusable for us.

7 years 5 months ago #287652 by krileon
The row id is always null on new post before save. It's an auto increment column in the database. Completely delete the _groupjive_plugin_wall database table then reinstall GJ Wall for it to recreate its table then see if issue persists. If it does please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look as I see no issue in the source code for causing this. This is all working perfectly fine on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/addons/cb-groupjive/all-groups?action=groups&func=show&id=5

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #287726 by Pachat
Hi Krileon,

I did as you said : delete the table and reinstall GJ Wall => The bug is still there

Steps to reproduce the bug:
1- Post a message "Post 1" in the Wall
2- Immediately after, post a second message "Post 2" in the Wall (not an answer)
3- Delete the post(s) for the next test.

Member will show you the 2 Posts => OK
Connect as Adherent and repeat the 3 steps => OK
Connect as Premium and repeat the 3 steps => NOT OK: You will get the second post over the first one
Same connected as Gold => NOT OK

I sent you a PM.

Thank you for your attention

7 years 5 months ago #287875 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and it's due to the SEF usage. It's restoring the GET parameters which contains &id=GROUP_ID and it's adding that ID to the POST data. This is resulting in it loading and trying to edit the wall post with an ID of whatever the group id is. Specifically it's using "XMP-Reco" menu item which has an ID of 1 supplied.

This however should be a non-issue if using the latest CB build where we've significantly improved our SEF usage. Please update to latest CB build as you're using stable 2.0.15 which is months behind current builds. Once done confirm if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pachat

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn