Error

Please login first

Rest API for CB - mobile app

6 years 11 months ago #294514 by activha
Rest API for CB - mobile app was created by activha
Hello

Is there a rest API for CB and CBSubs ?
We would like to integrate CB in a mobile app and wonder how this could be done.

Thanks for your suggestions
Regards
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #294518 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Rest API for CB - mobile app
Nope and there likely won't be for quite some time. Sorry, it's just not a priority right now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #294520 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Rest API for CB - mobile app
If we pay for this development with outside developers, for CB and CB activity mainly, how difficult would be the task ?

6 years 11 months ago #294523 by krileon
JSON endpoints are simple to make. That's not the problem here. You need an authentication system in place to ensure the Rest API isn't being abused and probably a quota limit API to stop any app from overloading your site. You can make JSON endpoints easy enough just using CB Auto Actions and not specifying a Trigger then adding &format=raw to the action URL when using Code actions.

I also wouldn't trust any outside developer to provide you with quality work unless they have existing advanced experience with Joomla API at the very least but preferably also CB API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #294524 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Rest API for CB - mobile app
I have checked joomlarestservices.com and joomlarestservices.com available on the net.

Do you know one of those products ?

We will probably ask people of www.moonsoft.es who will also develop the CBSubs gateway for us to do the job. They're very good at javascript

And Daniel from Compojoom suggested to use facebook.github.io/react-native/ for the support of an app

Do you have another suggestion or a comment on this ?

PS : sorry for the links but the editor returns an error 403 when using the bbcode for links

6 years 11 months ago #294526 by krileon
Don't have any comments regarding joomlarestservices or moonsoft. I've no experience with React Native, but just React which is great so I assume React Native is also probably great.

You'd still need to have JSON endpoints for React to communicate with. The JSON endpoints you can do using CB Auto Actions if you wanted, but I'd make some sort of private key and condition against it in your action so it'll ignore any HTTP requests that don't have it. That'd at least be some basic security. You could even do an authentication exchange using CB Auto Actions and a custom table to keep track of the keys. So the only coding you'd have to do is the PHP for outputting the JSON response you're expecting from the endpoint.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn