[SOLVED] Discount code being 'remembered'?

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297310 by cpaschen
We have a promotion that is automatically applied when the user signs up for 2 specific subscriptions - Subscription YMA-HSMS and Subscription FF.
We also have a coupon code that users can apply if they purchase one of those subscriptions individually (Subscription FF Code: FF-GENZ).

I have a test account where I've purchased many different combinations, but have used the Cancel link (at bottom of the payment screen) to just cancel the subscription before paying.

I just tried to purchase a subscription for Subscription FF and use the coupon code FF-GENZ. However, I got a notice:

Coupon code FF-GENZ is not applicable. Promotion does not apply to this item. Promotion does not apply because another exclusive promotion (id 139) of same priority is already applied.

It appears that somehow CB is 'remembering' the previous subscription/s that used that code.

Both subscriptions are set to unlimited number of uses.

Does the cancel link not cancel out the applied coupons/discounts?

Not sure what else might be causing this.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297311 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Discount code being 'remembered'?
Well, I did some additional (different) tests [on a brand new user, with no previous CBSubs history] and got the same error.

I'm doing additional test to try to isolate this issue.

6 years 7 months ago #297312 by cpaschen
For some reason, it appears that both the "To which plans does this apply" and the "Simultaneous purchase required" have strange/unintended effects on the application of discounts.

Configuration of Discount:

* To which plans does this apply : All
* How this promotion applies: Apply... to all ... until depleted
* Simultaneous purchase required: both subscriptions selected

Specifically, it appears that the "Simultaneous purchase required" field is using OR instead of AND when 2 subscriptions are selected.

By using the CONDITIONS tab I was finally able to make these work.
(Are the other two fields being deprecated, or are there limits there to only function with one subscription selected - even though there are multiple possible)?

6 years 7 months ago #297316 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Discount code being 'remembered'?
Your promotions are setup to be exclusive from the looks of it. Your automatic promotion 139 can't be applied at the same time as your coupon promotion. To allow combining of them ensure both are not set to exclusive and I recommend adjusting the priority (139 should be priority 1 and your coupon should be priority 2).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297333 by cpaschen
OK ... I think I'm understanding it more.

This might be a good topic (advanced promotions configurations) for a new video tutorial (esp. with some advanced use-cases).

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 7 months ago #297339 by cpaschen
Just one more clarification ...
Is there any way to set the exclusive to only apply to the existing level?

i.e. to have a "No other promotions with the same priority can apply same time" (without the 'and lower ordering').

Otherwise, it appears that there is no way to have restrictions that would allow a Discount (automatic) [that applies based on conditions ... i.e. exclusive set to no] along with ONE other coupon (possibly from a different level). So we could restrict to just ONE coupon in addition to the discount.

Basically to set the system to only allow 2 discounts (from different groups of discounts - or levels).

Or is there some other way to make this work?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn