CBsubs force show a field at registration depending on two plans combination

6 years 5 months ago #299144 by activha
Hello

There is a little thing that I cannot remember how to achieve :

Amongst our plan, we have a plan A and a plan B only shown if plan A is selected.

I have a field cb_1 which has to be hidden if plan A is selected only but shown if both plan A and plan B are selected.

If I choose plan A hide this field, it stays hidden even if plan B is also selected.

On previous versions of CBsubs we had hide fields AND show fields at registration, now there is only hide fields ability, so how can i achieve the above scenario ?

I cannot condition this field to another one for other reasons.

Second question : how can I condition the plan B to only show to people in a certain geographic area ?

Thanks
jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #299148 by krileon

On previous versions of CBsubs we had hide fields AND show fields at registration, now there is only hide fields ability, so how can i achieve the above scenario ?

There was no show fields option during registration. I believe you maybe confusing the functionality that CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection provides, which doesn't work on registration. I don't think you can have what you're wanting unless the plans are non-exclusive causing the one hiding fields to be unselected.

Second question : how can I condition the plan B to only show to people in a certain geographic area ?

Believe only way you can do that is to condition against your country field under the workflows tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #299149 by activha

I don't think you can have what you're wanting unless the plans are non-exclusive causing the one hiding fields to be unselected.

The second plan depends on the first one and is complementary but it needs to hide fields if selected. First plan needs to be selected also.

So we need a way to show a field instead of only hiding it. Or a solution to have the second plan takes priority on the first one hiding fields ?

Believe only way you can do that is to condition against your country field under the workflows tab.

Thanks for the idea I will place country field on the first tab

6 years 5 months ago #299157 by krileon

The second plan depends on the first one and is complementary but it needs to hide fields if selected. First plan needs to be selected also.

So we need a way to show a field instead of only hiding it. Or a solution to have the second plan takes priority on the first one hiding fields ?

CBSubs has no functionality to show fields during registration. It only has functionality to hide them. You'd have to structure your plans in a way to allow for that. Example as follows.

Plan 1 (parent, exclusive, hides field)
- Plan 2 (child, non-exclusive)
Plan 3 (parent, exclusive)

I'm guessing you have something like the following now.

Plan 1 (parent, non-exclusive, hides field)
Plan 2 (parent, non-exclusive)

That won't allow Plan 2 to reverse the hiding of the field by Plan 1. It would only allow that with the below.

Plan 1 (parent, exclusive, hides field)
Plan 2 (parent, exclusive)

This only works because the plans are exclusive and you can't have both selected at same time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #299158 by activha
We have the following structure for the paying plans :
Plan 1 (parent, exclusive)
Plan 2 (parent, exclusive)
Plan 3 (parent, exclusive)
Plan 4 (parent, exclusive)
Plan 5 (parent, exclusive)

Plan 6 (parent, non-exclusive) (shown only if 1 of the above is selected
Plan 6 allows members to pay in several times through a manual unique gateway
It has a field asking for the number of payments wished that I want to hide if it is not selected

I cannot have 5 children plans for the 5 main ones, too complicated to maintain in the future

What would be your suggestion ?

6 years 5 months ago #299163 by krileon

I cannot have 5 children plans for the 5 main ones, too complicated to maintain in the future

That's what you'd have to do in order to have what you're wanting.

What would be your suggestion ?

I guess you could try adding an input directly to that plans description. You could then use CB Auto Actions to store that inputs value to a field. You'd likely need to do that on the after registration trigger. You can access post values directly using [post_INPUT_NAME]. I recommend using format functions to sanitize it though (e.g. sanitize to int).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn